Chapter 13: Its Not My Birthday!

May 5th...

     It was an almost perfectly normal day in the world meeting. France and Mexico kept a large distance between each other as some of the other countries gave her small gifts as a congratulations for her victory. She accepted every gift with a smile, glad that she hasn't seen her annoyingly rowdy triplet brother.

     "Congratulations love." England said respectfully. She gave him a charming smile as she received a wrapped gift.

     "¡Muchas gracias güey!" She accidentally let it slip, knowing that he didn't like how unladylike she spoke so she usually toned it down. "I mean, thank you Artie." He glared at her from the use of the nickname she had given him before noticing something.

     "You seem a lot more happier than you usually do on this day. Why is that?" She raised her eyebrows at his words before laughing.

     "You see, el gringo hasn't shown up to ruin my gleeful mood. He usually says that today is my-"

     "Hey Mex! Happy birthday!" America yelled as he slammed open the door and barged into the meeting room. A chorus of sighs were heard from various parts of the large room. Some countries turned to look at Mexico for clarification while she loudly face palmed with a groan of annoyance.

     She gestured wildly at the beaming American whom was walking over to them. "This is why I'm always glum today! This pendejo thinks that today is my birthday along with a whole army of gringos!"

     America stopped short at her words as he gave her a lost puppy look. "Today's not your birthday?"

     "For the millionth time, no! ¡Hoy no es mi cumpleaños!" She yelled dramatically, obviously done with him.

     "Sorry Mex! But anyways, here! Have this gift!" He handed the Mexican women a box wrapped in beautiful Aztec patterned paper that gleamed in the sun. She gave out a little sigh of defeat, knowing fully well that his intentions were pure. She mumbled a quick thank you and put it at the top of the small pile of other gifts.

     "The meeting shall begin!" A loud German yelled and the countries took their assigned seats.

     After the meeting, as (y/n) put her almost empty notebook in her bag, Alfred walked up to her.

     "You know Mex, I've been thinking lately and-" She let out a mock gasp of surprise.

     "You can think?!"

     "Love, give the boy a chance. Besides, I bet it gave him a headache to be using his head like that. Might as well save him the extra pain." Arthur said as he walked out of the room. She looked at him and flicked her hand for him to continue.

     "I feel kinda bad for never remembering your birthday. So I decided to let your people in my country to celebrate your independence 6 days before the actual day!" She thought about for it for a moment before giving him a small smile, appreciating his efforts.

     "Está bien." She said finally.

     "Great! I had your sister send you the suit for that day and the hat. Oh and I sent you an awesome quality flag of your country for you to hold! I hope you can take your best steed for this so the crowd will love it!"

     "¿¡Que?! What do you mean dress and flag and my horse and-"

     "Okay, I'll see you at the parade!"

     "¡Espera!" It was too late. He already ran out the room to god knows where before she could even process his words.

     Later she arrived at her home sweet home and noticed a nicely packaged box on her bed after she had put the other gifts in the living room building. She cautiously approached it and opened it to reveal an intricate charra's clothes. It had such beautiful design and quality leather it almost made her wonder if this was some sort of way for her to owe him. But nonetheless, she reached in to find a note.