Chapter 17: Forgetful Mexico

You reclined on your chair situated in your private piece of beach you fortunately owned, letting the waves of the ocean crash against the shore lull you into a sleep. This calm, very peaceful atmosphere almost knocked you into a deep slumber but unfortunately you were punched back into reality at the sound of your admin's voice calling for you.

     "Mexico! I have a job for you!" Haylee called out. You let out an exasperated sigh when she stood right in front of you, blocking the sun as you took off your sunglasses.

     "¿Ahora que quieres?" You replied, wanting to go back to your peaceful atmosphere.

     "I want you to go clean out the extra room where we keep all of our junk. Now I have to go and meet with a few admins. So by the time I come back, I expect to see that place limpio." She turned around to look at you to only see that you had already changed out of your bathing suit and into your maids dress holding a shit ton off different sprays and rags as well as a broom, a duster, and a mop.

     "I'll get you a new stock of tequila as a thanks!" She said as she walked into the house and out the door. But then she muttered, "I bet Spain had the cleanest house in all of Europe."

First P.O.V

     Once Haylee went out that door, I went into some super cleaning mode, knowing how disgusting that one room was after all these years. I walked into the staff building where the chefs were at work cooking up an awesome dinner for later. After getting through to the back of the building where a trapdoor lay under a beautifully crafted rug that one of my maids gave me as a present long ago. I opened the door and walked down the stairs to see piles of documents, artifacts, toys, random stashes of money, and a whole lot more of things that could possibly bring nostalgia.

     I walked over to the first things I saw, which happened to be a stack of boxes filled with documents. I skimmed over the boxes, looking for a certain box.

     "La Revolución Mexicana, Guerra Fronteriza, Cristero War, oh, aquí esta." I pulled out the box labeled 'Segunda Guerra Mundial'. I dug through the papers and I finally found my to do list. Just looking at the list brought back so many memories. But that's a story for another day to be told.

To Do List:
1. Profit ✔️
2. Get Into The War ✔️
3. Create according air force ✔️
4. Fight on the winning side ✔️
5. Profit ✔️✔️
6. Sign peace with Japan ✔️
        After the atomic bombs
7. Sign Peace with Germany ✔️
        In 1958, not right now.
8. Finish the war by signing peace with...
        With who again?

     My eyes widen at the sight. I forgot to sign peace with a country? But with who?

     "Bella! We're-a finally here!"

     "Shut up-a fratello! Don't you see the people-a working?"

     Well, so much for cleaning.

     "Bella?" My two Italian friends walked down the stairs and into the room that I was supposed to be cleaning.

     "¡Hola! ¿Como están?" I asked them.

     "We're good bella! We're so happy to-a see you again!" Italy exclaimed while Romano just rolled his eyes, but you already knew that what Italy said was true.

     "Oh, how rude of me! Sientan se por favor. Would you guys like a drink, or some of the delicious food my chefs are making?"

     "What are they-a making?" Romano asked.

     "They're making sopa de fideo!"

     "We'll have that-a later! Let us help-a you clean up so we can-a spend more time together!" Italy exclaimed.

     "Oh pues, I need to tell you something." I looked down at my list again, finally piecing the puzzle back together of who I forgot to sign piece with. I looked to see the already starting to place stuff int boxes and everything.

     "We haven't finished World War 2...yet." The shuffling of boxes stop as they immediately jump up in fear, seeing the weird scary purple aura surround me. That's one of the similarities Russia and I have, always scaring anyone and everyone. They began backing into a corner, inching themselves closer to the exit.

The aura instantly stopped as I began to give them a care free smile, scaring them even more. "I have discovered that we didn't sign peace after World War 2 meaning we're still at war. What a funny thing, right? But don't worry, I don't think it matters that much." I give a thoughtful look.

     "Well, besides the economic blockades and political stuff. We can go on pretending that nothing happened and that everything is fine! ¡Aquí no pasó nada!"

     "Oh well, uh we-a have to go now because of the time! Just-a saying right now, it was all my fratello's fault!" Romano exclaimed. Their faces had already turned pale and large amounts of nervous sweat had fallen down their faces. In the blink of an eye, they were gone up the stairs and almost out of my house.

     "Adios bella!" And with that, they were basically already in a jet going back to Italy.

Change into 2nd P.O.V

     "I wonder what got into those two." You shrugged off and went back to cleaning. By the time Haylee came back, the room was literally sparkling clean and you told her  about the discovered news.

     After finally signing peace, you were able to see the Italian brothers without them almost instantaneously fleeing. It was quite the chase when you had business with them, but after many months of them running away, life was as the way it was before this dilema.

     And that's the story of how the two cowardly Italian brothers had officially learned to fear every country in the world.

Author's Note: Thank you so much for reading. This is not my best chapter because I hit some writers block and this was way too short for the large amount of time I had since I last updated this. Life gets busy, ya know? Anyways, translation time!

¿Ahora que quieres? = Now what do you want?
Limpio = clean
La Revolución Mexicana, Guerra Fronteriza, Cristero War, oh, aquí esta. = The Mexican Revolution, The Border War, Cristero War, oh, here it is.
Segunda Guerra Mundial = World War 2
¡Hola! = Hello!
¿Como están? = How are you guys?
Sientan se por favor = Please, have a seat.
Sopa de fideo = noodle soup
Oh pues = Oh well
¡Aquí no pasó nada! = Nothing happened here!
Adiós = Goodbye

     This was inspired by some comics I read about Hetalia Mexico and I just love them. Credit goes to the creator of the Hetalia: Mexico Snaps. I recommend reading them cause why not? A new chapter will be up soon and thank you for the follows, comments, and votes. ¡Adiós!