Chapter 12: Paletas!!!

"¡Hola Alli!" I called out to my red haired friend. The older boy turned around to see his Mexican friend beaming at him as she approached. Mexico had invited Scotland,

The Scottish man growled, clearly irritated. "I told ya lass to not call me that! If Artie ever finds out about that nickname, I swear you'll be six feet underground." She ignored the threat he gave her and continued with her little toothy grin.

     "Stop being so angry all the time." The Scott gave a heavy sigh and looked at the little girl in front of him.

     "So, what're we doing today?"

     "¡Vamos a ir a la plaza!" He looked at her quizzically.

     "Oops! I forgot, you don't understand Spanish. What I said was that we are going to the plaza!" And with that said, Mexico entwined their hands and dragged him to the plaza.

     Allistor's eyes filled with excitement once he saw the plaza. It was filled with families milling around, looking at the little shops that sold many wonderful items from bracelets to food. A mariachi band was playing, taking in requests. Mexico kept dragging him until they were in front of a place where they sold yummy smelling food. She dragged them towards the back of the building and through the back door.

     "(Y/n)! Why are we back here?"

     "You'll see!" Their they found a boy next to what seemed like a boiling pot of something, watching as these strips of dough were being fried. After some time, the boy took out the thick strands of crunchy brown breads? He dipped them into a container that was filled with what looked like cinnamon and put the pleasant aroma filled weird sticks into a brown bag and handed them to (y/n). He did the same process again and handed Allistor a bag.

Mexico beamed at the boy, giving him a few coins. "¡Muchas gracias Migue!" And with that, she dragged the very confused red head to the front of the store where she ordered two unusually large drinks of what seemed like strawberry water.

     "Um lass. What are these things exactly?"

     "Take a bite first, and then I'll tell you." Allistor hesitantly took a bite out of the stick of and his emerald eyes went wide. This was one of the best pasteurise he's ever tasted. After finishing off one of the sticks, he took a sip of the pink strawberry filled liquid and let out a moan of delight.

     "Lass! This is some of the best things I've ever tasted! What is this stuff?" He asked, his eyes closed as he savoured the delicious pastry thing.

     "Those sugary filled goodness," she said, pointing towards the sticks," are called churros! And the pink beverage is called agua fresca de fresa!" Scotland had just finished the last of his churros, but looked unsatisfied. He then noticed that Mexico had one left in her bag.

     "Uh, lass." She looked up to see him hungrily looking at her churro and gave a sigh. She contemplated on wether giving him her baby, and decided to be generous. After all, she invited him over.

     "Sure thing mi cordero escocés!" She handed over the last snack. She could always steal some from her neighbors, or from Spain.

     They spent almost the entire day at the plaza, laughing, dancing, singing, buying, and eating everything in sight. After the plaza had closed, they had decided to take a hike, para bajar la comida, and sat atop a hill under the cool shade a had tree provided. They watched as the sun began to set, a gentle breeze some of the leaves from the tree.

     "Thanks a lot lass for inviting me over." Their gazes were fixated on watching the vibrant colours dye the clouds and sky.

     "De nada Alli." Mexico chirped happily. He turned to look at her to see her concentrating on something.