Chapter 10: Slow Down

Mexico has always been the one to either be really early or right on time to anything. But lately, she has been arriving at the world meetings almost half an hour late or more. She had some dark bags under her eyes, her usually ironed clothes now wrinkly, her usually tidy and washed hair now a birds nest. After a while of her going to the meetings late, soon enough she stopped going to the meetings completely, gathering the information from one of her brothers or cousins. Every 2 days each month, she would go take a siesta with some of her fellow countries. But soon she stopped going to those as well.

Cause it's 9 in the afternoon...(If you get this I will love you for an eternity!)

The G-20, a group consisting of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, and the European Union, were looking for a big enough room to take their siesta, but Mexico was already leaving to attend to some other business. The G-20 meeting had ended leaving the drowsy countries even more sleepy. After a few minutes, they decided to go out into the beautiful luscious green gardens. They settled down under the cool shade that the tree provided and began to doze off. After a moment, Italy broke the silence.

He let a sad sigh and spoke. "Ve-It is not the same-a without bella." Other countries grumbled in agreement. A voice coming from inside ruined the siesta ready moment.

"What do you mean we're only giving the wealthy money? What about the poor?" A familiar voice yelled angrily. They couldn't hear who was on the phone. She continued her rant.

"¿Ustedes ya saben que más de 42% están pobres?" Mexico ran a hand through her (h/c) hair.

"¡No me importa si los prometió una gran lana de dinero, los demás necesitan ayuda para sobrevivir!" She let out a growl of frustration before finishing the call with a threat.

"Nomas los 4 años. Después de eso, vamos ayudar los pobres. ¡Si eso no pasa, le voy a llamar a mi mama con esa chancla!" And with that, she hung up.

"Chica! Come take a siesta with us!" Spain decided to call out. She gave him a weak smile and walked over to the group.

"Lo siento Toni pero tengo mucho trabajo." She reluctantly said. His smile instantly faltered a little.

"But you were supposed to come over." He replied, looking for the reaction he wanted.

"Come over for what?" She scrunched her brows together in thought. Spain gave a defeated sigh.

"¿Que no te acuerdas?" Argentina put in. Mexico kept looking at them in confusion as to what they were talking about.

Brazil gave a sad laugh at her confusion." Remember? Two days of the month we take siestas together?" Realization struck over Mexico and a storm of guilt crawled up. She was about to say something when her phone started ringing. She gave an irritated sigh and answered the phone.

"¿Que quieres?" She asked calmly. A faint voice could be heard from the phone. She was about to respond but the phone was taken away by a certain Italian.

"Ve-(y/n) is busy with her-a siesta! ¡Lo siento! ¡Adiós!" He hung up on the person and gave Germany the phone whom put it in his pocket. Italy had picked up a bit of Spanish from the two Spanish speaking countries. Mexico stood there, mouth agape at their actions.

"W-What?! Why did you do that? That was mi jefe!"

"Sorry about that sheila. But you need to take a siesta. Even if it's just an hour."

"But I can have plenty of sleep at night. Right now, I need to get back to my boss-"

"Mon ami, when was the last time you slept?" France asked, pointing out the obvious bags under her eyes.

"Um...Yesterday?" The group glared at her horrible lie." Fine! I haven't had enough sleep for almost a year." She mumbled the last part but the others heard it loud and clear.

"Then you take a siesta with us, da?" It didn't sound like a question but more of a demand, especially with the magical metal pipe of pain in his hands.

"Okay fine, I'll take a siesta with you guys. Pero only for half an hour!" The countries looked satisfied and laid back down, getting comfortable for their well deserved break. After the shuffling, the garden was filled with the sound of nature. A few rays of the golden sun shone through the luscious leaves of the big oak. The emerald grass providing a cool mattress for the countries. Birds sang their beautiful tunes, the cool summer breeze ruffling their hair as well as sending the melodic sound all throughout the garden. (Y/n) gave a peaceful sigh, savouring the moment of much needed tranquility.

"Tengo suerte that I have you guys. Ustedes son mi familia." Her beautiful (e/c) orbs, shining with love, were now half lidded, the drowsiness slowly consuming her. She gave one last sigh and fell into a peaceful slumber.

Extended Ending:

The countries woke up one by one after their siesta, only to find Mexico still sleeping.

"How about we-a take a longer siesta?" Romano whispered." La ragazza needs it." They agreed, though America had to leave, and extended their nap for a few more hours actually. Alfred walked towards the exit of the garden when he abruptly stopped and turned around to look at his triplet. She had a small smile on her peaceful sleeping face, and he cracked a smile at the sight. He made a mental image of her resting peaceful, happy to see that she isn't always angry and yelling. At least at him.

"Méx, the Speedy Gonzalez." He chuckled under his breath and took his leave.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading my ducklings! This chapter is kind of short but I wanted a nice and peaceful chapter for once. I'm starting to think about uploading a new book, but instead of just a Mexico reader, I'll just make it a hetalia x reader thing with various oneshots. I don't know, what do you guys think? Anyways, translation time!

¿Ustedes ya saben que más de 42% están pobres? = You guys know that more than 42% are poor right?
¡No me importa si los prometió una gran lana de dinero, los demás necesitan ayuda para sobrevivir! = I don't care if they promised you a big sum of cash, the rest need help to survive!
Nomas los 4 años. = Only four years.
Después de eso, vamos ayudar los pobres. = After that, we're going to help the poor.
¡Si eso no pasa, le voy a llamar a mi mama con esa chancla! = If that doesn't happen, I'm going to call my mom with that sandal!
Lo siento Toni pero tengo mucho trabajo. = I'm sorry Toni but I have to much work.
¿Que no te acuerdas? = Don't you remember?
¿Que quieres? = What do you want?
¡Lo siento! = I'm sorry!
¡Adiós! = Bye!
Mi jefe = My boss
Sheila = a girl, female, a woman etc.
Mon ami = My friend
Pero = But
Tengo suerte that I have you guys. = I'm lucky to have you guys.
Ustedes son mi familia. = You guys are my family.
La ragzza = the girl

That's it for now. Again, thank you for reading! Please leave a comment for the sake of future chapters and have a good day, good night, or I don't know. Mother Shwan out!