Chapter 5: The Drunken Trio

A harmonious tune flowed through the night sky. In the Gomez Manor, (y/n) had a bonfire lit on her private piece of beach, enjoying a nice shot of tequila as the flames flickered against the black canvas that was littered with stars. This was a very rare day for her to be this calm and not be buried under a sea of paperwork. She would have liked to party with some friends on a night like this, but she decided against it to spend quality time with herself.

The serenity was broken to the sound of someone yelling and their footsteps echoing all throughout the place.

"Germany! Germany! Germany!" At the sound of the whiny voice, she instantly recognized it to be her tío Italy. All of a sudden, gunshots were heard and a voice that belonged none other to Switzerland. She gave out an irritated sigh, knowing that Italy was probably running to ask if Germany still like him or some shit like that.

I grunted at the sound of gunshots. I probably would have done the same if he weren't my tío that I love so much. After he finally passed by my beach, he continued running to Ludwig's house. Everything went back to normal after that little intrusion. I lay there, gazing at the billions of twinkling lights that littered the sky, contemplating about everything possible.

I then finally decided to ring up my two drinking buddies.

"Hello?" The Scottish accent rang through my ears.

"Hola. You free tonight?"

"Yeah. I'll be bring my best scotch!"

"Gracias Alli, I need to call Ivan for some of that vodka! Adiós!" I hung up before he could start yelling at me for calling him Alli. I then called Ivan.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello Mexico! Have you finally decided to become one with Mother Russia, da?"

"No not today. I was wondering if you wanted to come over for some good drinks with Alli and me?"

"Do you have RedBull?"

"Plenty of it!"

"I'll be right there!" And with that, he hung up. After a good 20 minute wait, they both walked side by side holding almost a gallon of their best liquor in hand.

"Hola amigos!" They greeted me and we got to work on getting ourselves hammered.

After a while, I decided to bring out my guitar as well as turning on the instrumental soundtrack of a few of my favourite songs on my phone. After every two songs, We finished a whole bottle of whiskey so by the time I was done playing 12 songs, 18 bottles of whiskey were littered on the sand and we were pretty drunk. And anyone whose witnessed our drunken state were left with both physical and mental scars. To put it simply, it never ended well.

I grabbed a tin can of beer and chugged until finally, I was left with the perfect microphone. I switched through the songs and finally got to the perfect one that all the drunkards here sang. Allistor and Ivan sat there, their drunken gazes fixated on me as the profoundly beautiful lyrics left my mouth.

Ay, ay, ay, ay
Canta y no llores
Porque cantando se alegran
Cielito lindo, los corazones

My eyes began watering, the lyrics reminding me of the days when we, my brothers and sister along with mi mama, would turn up the radio and listen to music, singing, dancing, as well as cleaning. I didn't even realize that their once drunken gazes now transformed into sober ones, their eyes flickering with remorse.

De la sierra, morena
Cielito lindo, vienen bajando
Un par de ojitos negros, cielito lindo
De contrabando
De la sierra, morena
Cielito lindo, vienen bajando
Un par de ojitos negros, cielito lindo
De contrabando