4. new york best sellers

the night skylar came home, she was in her room when she heard a knock at the door

"caleb, i told you we'll go tomorrow!" skylar said expecting her brother to come back in and complain that he needed something from the store. she groaned when she heard another knock.

"can't you just-" skylar stopped her sentence when she saw stiles was standing in front of her.

"stiles, what are you doing here?" skylar asked him but he didn't look up at her, he just looked down at the floor.

"can i come in?" stiles asked as she nodded.

she let him in and she could tell that he was going to break down. she made sure to shut the door and when she turned around, stiles was already looking at her.

"skylar, i did something. something bad- i just- i didn't know- i didn't know where to go and i have no one else to talk to just... just please don't get mad." stiles said.

"what is it, stiles?" skylar asked touching his shoulder but then she felt something.

she moved his shirt to she was able to see his shoulder and all she could see were little bite marks.

"stiles, what happened?" skylar asked looking up at him.

"i was at the school studying with malia but i fell asleep and she went home. when i went out to the parking lot to leave, i felt this pain in my shoulder and i screamed. i turned around and that's when i saw donovan. his hand had teeth on them. i ran into the school and i tried to hide but he found me. i started to climb on the latter they had cause of the construction but donovan- he grabbed my legs, and told me he was going to eat them. i tried to grab a support beam to pull myself up but, i guess it was loose and then a pole came down and it- it went right through him." stiles said as he started to shake and she noticed the tears in his eyes.

even while stiles was crying, she still thought he was adorable.

"stiles, hey, look at me. it's not your fault, okay? you didn't know that was going to happen. you had no other choice." skylar said trying to calm him down.

"you don't think i-i'm a murderer?" stiles asked her trying to control his cries.

"of course not. it was self defense." skylar told him as she pulled him close to her and wrapped her arms around him.

"please don't tell anyone. no one can know about this." stiles told her as she nodded.

"i promise." skylar whispered.

-

"the dread doctors by t.r. mccammon." skylar said looking at the book malia had found in tracy's room.