5. try not taking the hardest classes

skylar was at the sheriffs station with stiles and malia

skylar was at the sheriffs station with stiles and malia. they were going over all the chimeras that have died. sheriff stilinski put an x over tracy's picture.

"chimeras." he said looking at her picture.

"two dead chimeras." stiles said.

"and eight new ones." malia said.

"ten in all." skylar said.

"i'm thinking maybe 11." stiles' father said putting up another picture.

skylar put her hand on stiles' shoulder once she saw that he put up a picture of donovan. stiles looked back at her and she gave him a reassuring smile.

"our station tech guys confirmed something for me... they said, both the holding cell lock and cameras could have malfunctioned because of something electromagnetic. you said that, uh, these guys..." stiles' father said picking up the book.

"dread doctors." skylar said.

"are we really calling them that?" sheriff stilinski asked.

"so they broke donovan out?" malia asked.

"that's how they got into eichen, isn't it?" noah asked.

"donovan's a chimera." malia said walking over to the picture.

"yeah. but... is he a failure like lucas and tracy?" his father said.

skylar noticed stiles walked to the back of the room and she followed behind him.

"it's okay." skylar said placing her hand on top of his as he looked up at her and nodded, letting out a breath.

"if he is, he's probably dead." malia said.

"not until i've seen a body." sheriff said.

"you're uncharacteristically quiet." his dad said turning to stiles.

"sorry, uh... i'm just trying to think about it. uh... these were all teenagers, right? so, now shouldn't we be trying to figure out why these teenagers? if the dread doctors, if they went through all that... burying them, killing them, breaking one of them out of jail..." stiles trailed off.

"they couldn't have been chosen at random." sheriff stilinski said.

"they had to have something in common." malia said as skylar nodded in agreement.

"something that made them right... right for this experiment." stiles' father said.

"something that made them special." stiles said.

-

stiles, kira, malia, lydia, scott, skylar and theo were all at scotts house so they could read the book together.