9. i'm not paying for the windows

stiles and scott were at the animal clinic talking to deaton

"what i'm about to show you isn't supposed to exist." deaton said placing a photo on the table.

"this is the only surviving evidence of dr. valacks time as chief medical officer of eichen house." deaton said as he kept placing more and more photos of horrific ways people died.

"to call it human experimentation would be charitable." deaton said.

scott picked up a picture of someone holding their head and their mouth was hung open.

"a banshee. she died screaming." deaton said putting even more picture on the table.

the more stiles looked at the photos, the more he was worried about skylar.

"so, he drilled holes into their heads? all of them?" stiles asked.

"that was the experimentation part. he did it to werewolves, banshees, wendigos, any creature he could get his hands on. and valack found that trepanation would initially heighten their powers, but to levels that couldn't be contained." deaton told them.

"so he wants to make lydia more powerful." scott said.

"yeah. except she's going to end up like them." stiles said pointing at the pictures.

"worse, actually. lydias abilities were already pretty exceptional to begin with. putting a hole in her head will be like causing a leak in a nuclear reactor. she'll hear everything. every death, every dying scream, all at once." deaton said.

"what about skylar?" stiles asked.

"valack is going to test her even more considering how rare it is to find a psychopomp. once he's finished with her, she'll be able to feel everything. every death she will feel all of them one by one but it'll all happen in seconds. she will hear the last thought of everyone before they all die. she'll see every death play like a movie that's fast forwarded in her head. all of it all at once, like lydia." deaton said.

"that's going to kill her." scott said.

they all knew that if skylar experienced so much death, it would take over her soul and she would be surrounded by darkness. but if it's all happening at once way too fast, it'll be too much for her.

"not only that... lydias dying scream for skylar, the one person she's connected to, could be so powerful that it might kill everyone around her as well." deaton said.

stiles was worried out of his mind. skylar was going to die if he didn't get her out of eichen house.

-

skylar was laying in her bed after getting a hole drilled into her head and she saw stiles rush in the room.

she didn't know that they planned to get her and lydia out but so far the plan was working.