prologue

a hint of beauty and peace, its fragrance dancing around me. each sniff i take leaves a satisfaction that made me paint a smile on my face. the softness of petals lingering on my fingertips. i held the stem between my index and thumb, admiring the sight that made my eyes shine in awe.

i was crouched down in front of the flowers that stared at me with its beauty, something that i'll never have. the people's chattering or footsteps around didn't bother me at all as my attention was only directed to the flowers in front.

they danced whenever the wind from outside will blow too hard. sounds of gasping coming from the females that wore skirt was heard, but i wasn't troubled at all. in fact, i wish for the wind to blow harder so that the flowers can sway elegantly with its flow.

i giggled when one of the petals landed on my palm. it was white, a color that people often sees plain, but for me, any color paired with it will look much more colorful. i feel like i'm at heaven because despite the noises at the back, everything just seems too peaceful for me.

too peaceful that i'm afraid a chaos might come and ruin it soon.

as the bell of the small shop rang, a certain insect was letting itself come and dance with the wind. such small thing with a mixture of colors dancing around it, a tiny piece of beauty that made my eyes look at it in amusement.

its wings flapped in a tiny way as it landed gently on one of the flowers. i stared at it and no matter how much i deny it, i feel like it stared back at me. with one hand coming up and my fingertip barely touching its wings, it flew away, high and free it was.

my eyes followed the direction, but i stopped when it landed on someone else instead. blonde, a common color that i somehow dislike, yet this time on a normal day, it caught my attention. crouching down and also observing the flowers in front, i somehow got lost and instead, stared at those golden-brown eyes.

the way the flowers danced once again made everything just too... perfect. too much beauty that i feel like it was out of this earth. at this moment, i felt butterflies in my stomach, taking over me and my emotions.

"wow..." i muttered under my breath, almost felt like my own breath got taken away by the sight in front of me.

i landed my finger on one of the petal, his fingertip barely touching mine as it was on the other side, placed on another petal of the flower. so close, yet so far, if only i let myself come closer, i could've reach him.

i could've reach the beauty itself.

it was no longer the butterfly that caught my attention, it was his own figure instead. his own colors and built, his facial features and his fingertip barely touching mine.

my eyes never left him and as the bell rang once again, those pair of gorgeous eyes finally met mine.

almost.

but just like the butterfly that entered the shop, he flew away before i can even reach him.