10

it was a normal day for certain students in karasuno. just another typical stressful day full of confusing lessons. a mountain of assignments being given and they would have to deal with it in a day. however, tsukishima had another plan on his mind and his thoughts are nowhere near about school at all.

his close friend, yamaguchi, had noticed the sudden quietness emerging from him. tsukishima had always keep his mouth shut and would only speak if needed, but even in class he was strangely silent.

"tsukki," yamaguchi ran and caught up with his friend, "is something bothering you?"

he rose a brow at his friend who stared at him with a worried face. he scoffed and put his headphones down, "don't be ridiculous, yamaguchi. you know i'm always bothered."

he laughed sarcastically, but that sound quickly faded away when he saw two annoying boys having a race in the hallway. his face turned into a hint of irritation while yamaguchi was startled at their figures coming closer.

"bothered by them." he clicked his tongue and scooted over to the side as they pass by, their shouts trying to overcome each other.

yamaguchi sighed, "how come they always have the energy to race? seeing them do that tires me out even more."

"probably some idiots habit." tsukishima said bluntly and walked away, his friend following behind him while still glancing at the two boys direction.

as the both of them was wrapped by silence for a second, yamaguchi's curiosity got the best of him, "oh by the way, i went to visit you last time, but your brother said you weren't home."

"i went out." tsukishima lazily replied.

yamaguchi got curioused even more, "but it's a weekend. you rarely go out on days like that."

he gave a glance at his friend and sighed, "i get bored too, you know."

his friend noticed the hint of irritation in his voice, so he was startled as he laughed awkwardly, "sorry, tsukki."

"it's just that you don't seem like the type of person to do that." he said while rubbing the back of his neck.

"some people do it when they're bored." tsukishima replied bluntly, shoving his hands inside his pocket.

"yeah, but you're rarely included in those some people."

he glared at his friend who once again apologized after seeing his death stares. tsukishima didn't deny also, he was surprised at himself going out of his house too. usually, he'll only step outside if needed, he refuse to meet people on his own will.

who knew he'll come to accept it soon?

"where did you go then?" yamaguchi asked happily as he gripped the straps of his bag like a kid.

"outside."

his friend groaned at the lack and unspecific reply, but yamaguchi is sometimes a pushy person. especially when you're close to him.

"come on, tsukki. it's rare for me to ask these kind of questions to you." he whined and the tall one clicked his tongue in annoyance.

after a minute of silence with no response, yamaguchi thought that he'll never say it, so he gave up.

"tokyo."

his eyes widened as he looked at his friend again. he didn't want to believe it and he started questioning himself if he heard that right.

"tokyo?!" he shouted in surprise, startling the tall one a bit.

"w-wow! i never knew you'll travel that far." yamaguchi shouted in surprise, his eyes shining in amusement and he grinned happily, proud of his friend finally interacting with the outside world.

to tsukishima, it wasn't really the outside world that he's trying to reach.

"shut up, yamaguchi."

"sorry, tsukki!"

even with him getting scolded, the wide smile on yamaguchi's face never faded away. especially when he can finally ask the question he's been meaning to ask ever since then.

"so, did you meet any girl? did anyone caught your attention? did you visit someone in tokyo then?" he flooded him with questions, causing tsukishima to scoot away from him a bit because of his closeness.

his face had the word 'irritation' written on it, "stop getting curious on things like that."

"but it would be cute to finally see you with a girl!" yamaguchi exclaimed, causing him to scoot away even more.

"i don't think that'll happen soon." he bluntly replied.

yamaguchi frowned and his smile dropped, his hands finally coming to his side as he sighed. despite him wanting to see his friend in a relationship like that, he didn't want to push him or force him too hard. with another silence wrapping the both of them, tsukishima seems to calmly hold the situation now.

"but..."

yamaguchi's eyes averted back to him and his eyes widened in surprise at the small smile forming on his friend's face.

"there's this girl i met in the flower shop."