19

it was around three twenty-eight pm the next day. although i've been trying to deal with my aunt yesterday, i was able to survive her insults with the help of my cousin, oikawa tooru. he wasn't really that much to talk during family occasions.

usually when it's just the two of us and the people he's close with, he likes to brag about his visuals and skills in volleyball. then it would end up with him scolding me followed by a motivating advice. i used to think that he was attracted to this friend of him because he's always clingy and whiney around him.

thank goodness i never spoke that out loud and found out that they're just really close friends.

while walking around for a bit, this time borrowing my aunt's earphones, i spotted yamaguchi who noticed my figure as he waved at me. a wide smile plastered on his face while i ran towards his direction.

"(l/n)-san, i haven't seen you for awhile." he grinned and awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck.

i'm surprised that he still remembers my name, despite us only meeting for once, "same goes to me, yamaguchi. how are you?"

it's basically just a conversation that consists of; hi, how are you?, i'm good how about you?, oh i'm fine, oh okay,  okay.

it's still awkward between us, but we managed to lighten up the mood by making jokes and laughing at other things.

"i'm going to a cafe with tsukki. do you want to join?" he asked with a smile as he turned his head towards me.

i froze and was dumbfounded for a second. uh oh, does he know about us? for no reason, i started panicking out of nowhere, unsure of what to answer. it's awkward when i'm with two people who are close to each other. it's like they're two attached magnets and i'm trying to find space to fit between them.

"u-uh, no thanks. i might ruin the fun." i answered awkwardly and nervously, hopefully he doesn't know about my feelings towards his friend.

he quickly panicked too and placed his hands in front as he shook it, "wait n-no! of course you won't! i'm sure tsukki won't mind, i just want you two to meet each other."

oh boy, we already did, a couple of times now.

i gave him a small smile, "will it make you happy then?"

he seems to be flustered at my question but he shyly nodded his head, "y-yes." he mumbled and we continued walking as i chuckled at his reaction.

"okay, i'll go."

after a minute of more walking and chattering, we finally arrived in front of the small and cosy cafe. only a few people was inside which made me let out a sigh of relief. not really a fan of crowds, it's just too noisy and packed up.

"tsukki!"

my heart was beating nervously upon hearing yamaguchi call his nickname. tsukishima seems to be irritated at the name again, but he didn't say anything and just sat there, waiting for his friend to come. and as he saw my figure following behind, his eyes widened for a second before it was replaced by an amused smirk.

"oh, you brought a shorty." he sneered at me.

i furrowed my eyebrows and glared at him while yamaguchi sweat dropped at what he said, "tsukishima, her name is—"

"yeah, i know her." he lazily cut him off, "her name's shorty."

yamaguchi sweat dropped even more and whispered to tsukishima to cut it off. it seems like the more we get close, the more he likes to tease me and the more i become irritated at him. however, that still doesn't change the fact that i like him.

"nice to meet you too, shittyshima." i mumbled in a sarcastic tone and he rose a brow in amusement.

"(l/n)-san, i'm sorry." yamaguchi gave me an apologetic look and i reassured him that it's okay with a genuine smile of mine.

as the two of us finally sat on our seats, yamaguchi cleared his throat, "you guys know each other?" he asked after the worker finally got our orders.

"well... you could say that." i awkwardly answered while fiddling with my fingers.

meanwhile, tsukishima just stayed silent with his legs and arms crossed. leaning on the chair, his face was completely uninterested and bored. i guess that's how his face always look like, unless he wants to make fun of someone.

"oh, but when?" yamaguchi asked, still confused and surprised since to him, tsukishima rarely go outside and he never really talked about anybody, but that two girls he met back then.

i started to think and count in my head, trying to remember the date we met. i wasn't thinking about the train station, i was going back to the flower shop, the first time i saw him.

"that doesn't matter." tsukishima blurted out which startled yamaguchi a bit.

"okay. then where?" as he asked another question again, tsukishima started to shot him a look of irritation and yamaguchi's face lost its color.

i sighed and leaned on my seat, knowing that he has the rights to get curious after all.

"in the flower shop."

"in the train station."

we both blurted out at the same time which made yamaguchi more confused. he turned his head towards me then back at tsukishima, repeating the action. my eyes widened and tsukishima seems to be a bit startled at my different response.

"u-uhm, in a flower shop near the train station." i stuttered, hoping that he won't question about it anymore and thankfully, he just stayed quiet and nodded his head hesitantly.

tsukishima covered his mouth to stop a laugh from escaping. i shot him a glare and mouthed 'why the train station?'.

he brought his hand down and rose a brow at me, "then why the flower shop?" he mumbled and i huffed at his shot back.

to me, my eyes caught him first in the flower shop.

to him, i caught his attention first in the train station.

but to both of us, our hearts beat together near the ocean.