epilogue

the sky was painted in the color of baby blue. the wind sang a calm song and the nature danced at it. the sun came out of its hiding spot and i bathed myself in rich gold and diamond. i saw the real world for the first time and finally found the art lingering inside me.

three years.

it took me that long to heal the scars painted on my skin. it took me awhile to gather the feathers laying on the ground as my wings healed and i was finally free from all troubles.

i found myself already.

and my mind still went back to that day, that one unexpected rainy day. the day when we both parted ways near the train station and instead of saying 'take care' we both gave a hint of 'we'll meet each other again'. 

i held onto your words and trusted that. despite feeling lost at some point back then, your words hit something in my brain that made it work and i believed that we made the right decision.

kenma was right. being with you was like experiencing something different. it was an adventure with a risk, and that risk took three years for me to accept.

and i wondered, if there's a light at the end of this adventure.

walking to that small path up the short wall with the waves crashing down. the sound of the birds flying by, flapping their wings in confidence of finding a way to a peaceful place. i watched them in amusement, hands clasped behind my back as everything was so peaceful.

i studied hard in the university i got in. i moved out of tokyo, kuroo, kenma and i, parted our ways after high school ended. we went on a path that we believed will give us success and peace at the end.

leaving these people are never easy. my life has never been easy or hard at all, it was just a battle between me and my decisions. i thought i wouldn't get any better after my aunt and father died. losing two people that i love the most made me lose my sanity.

and if he decided to not leave, i might've relied myself on him and not stand on my own.

as i walked at the familiar view and place, i remembered the vivid memories we had. i hope that it'll happen once again, because this time, i'm sure we're a much more better person.

i'm sure our wounds finally healed in the past three years.

'let's meet again in the future.'

your words rang inside my mind and a broken smile was plastered on my face. i'm just hoping that wherever you are right now, i hope that you still remember me and your words that day.
i hope that you really became a better person now.

a bell that rang passed by, catching my attention as i turned my head towards the direction it came. but just like on that day, at the flower shop where i first saw you, my attention averted to your figure instead.

and both of our eyes widened.

unable to move, i stood there on my spot as you slowly took off your headphones. for the first time in awhile, our eyes finally met once again. but this time, i was no longer drowning as you reached for my hand and pulled me up the surface.

you became the better person you promised me.

"tsukishima." i spoke softly in shock and his eyes widened even more at hearing my voice once again.

"you're walking up there again." he mumbled, his face still held surprised on it.

to tsukishima, seeing this place everyday made his heart ache because everytime he passed by, he wished to see you walked on top of it again.

"yeah." i chuckled.

there was a moment of silence and the only sound we can hear is the waves crashing below. the wind blowing our hairs and kissing our skin gently.

so i spoke first, "did you became a better person now?" slowly a small smile formed on my face.

he seems to be a bit surprised at my question so i continued asking, "did you finally heal?"

"did you finally found your home?"

my smile slowly faded away, "do you still... remember me?"

and unconsciously, i brought my hand up, stretching my arm as i tried to reach for him. he only stared at me, an unknown expression plastered on his face. but his eyes never lie, it never did.

"can i reach you now?"

my eyes widened at his unexpected actions. he reached out, our fingertips touching each other for awhile now. but even with such small contact, my heart was still pounding.

the moment he looked back at me and our eyes held the emotions we both have been trying to keep for the past three years. he intertwined his hand with mine, the warmth of it making me feel butterflies in my stomach.

it was the first time i held hands with him.

"i still remember you, shorty." he sneered at me, that usual smirk plastered on his face that i missed a lot.

"shittyshima." i mumbled with a chuckle.

"i found my home already." he answered my question from lately and a smile formed on my face at his genuine response.

always in miyagi, we met again.

and at that moment, the same butterfly from the flower shop, flew between us, landing on our hands that are intertwined.

you spoke softly and gently, both of us smiling at the small familiar insect that's flapping its tiny wings on our hands.

if cupid demanded back his arrows, fate gave us a butterfly to find each other once again.

"home is when i'm with you."

- E N D -