12

the kind of silence that wrapped the room stunned me, it was full of mysteriousness and unanswered thoughts. a cold swirl of wind held me tightly, like a snow freezing my whole body. a dead and cold hand of a love one, trying to give me warmth, but i was too blinded by pain.

tsukishima's presence made me sane, a dry clothes now on my body as he sat beside me. outside we both stared and we can hear the raindrops hitting the roof above us. we watched how the sky cried and poured its madness on earth. we stared, both lost in those mesmerizing crystallized-like diamonds falling gently on our palms.

we were at peace together and it both calmed our mad minds.

"are you visiting her again?" it came out as a whisper, barely escaping my mouth as if i never want them to.

i hugged my knees to my chest, even hearing the sound of his breathing calms me. a bit of movements was made before he spoke in a lazy tone.

"supposed to."

it felt like an arrow was shot at my heart. perhaps it was because i was the reason why he didn't meet her today? but the unknown and strange happiness emerging inside of me made me sick. i can't be happy, even if he's here by my side, he longs to be with her.

"i'm sorry," i mumbled, "you can go now. you don't have to stay with me."

it's not like you'll stay forever anyways.

those short hours that i spent with him today is enough to paint a smile on my face; enough to create a beautiful scenery; enough to be placed inside the museum in my mind.

being with him, even for just a second, is enough for me.

"it doesn't matter." he bluntly said, like it wasn't a big deal, "forget about it."

i wish i could, but what kuroo and kenma said was already engraved inside my mind. maybe i thought these small actions and time i spent with him is special, but he could've had more with her.

she was the one special to him after all.

"did something happened?" i curiously and worriedly asked him, my eyebrows furrowed as i glanced at his way.

his elbows are resting on his knees, chin resting on his palm as he stared calmly outside, not bothered by anything at all, not even my presence.

he sighed, "we were never a thing to begin with."

"why?"

"because being in love and the thought of being in love are two completely different things."

i couldn't utter a word after that. maybe because something inside of me clicked, causing my brain to malfunction properly now. something hit me like a bullet and it was the gun of realization, cupid's twin holding the trigger.

"where did you two met?" i blurted out, my heart shattering as i stared at his eyes, it held guilt and regret.

and the sky cried louder as another bullet was shot at me.

"in a flower shop."