Chapter 1

Kat rose from her bed, disturbed by nightmares that plagued her sometimes at night;  her parents dying in front of her very own eyes by the Shadow World's most viscous and known Villain; Damon. Her door clicked open as she caught her breath, the mornings glow coming through her window sent a hazy glow on her best friend Jason's blond hair. "Was I screaming?" she asked quietly. Jason nodded solemnly "Get your gear on there's been an attack on Gardner Street." Kat frowned "Again?" Jason didn't respond, he walked away, his posture low. Well that was odd. Jason was always in a good mood. Well sometimes at least. Actually he was a little rude, all the time. Jason always stood straight with that charismatic arrogance. Always thought and knew he was better than everybody.

Kat slipped on her gear, and pulled her hair back in a braid, her orange hair a stark contrast compared to the black leather. Her green eyes glowed as she looked at herself in the mirror. She always thought she looked good in gear.

Kat walked into the Institute's musky hall and noticed Jason talking to his sister Emily outside her room. Emily and Kat were best friends, she was the sweetest Shadowhunter known to man. Kat went the other way, into the small dining room, scavenging for something decent to find. There wasn't much to eat at the Institute, they usually ate out nearby. Shadowhunters weren't supposed to be into simple mundane things. But Kat had a passion for baking, she wanted to bake but everyone hated her for it. Kat didn't know what was wrong about being different. Their hands were for fighting not whipping up some of your grandmas homemade recipe for apple pie.
Someone cleared their throat behind her and Kat almost dropped her stale muffin in her hand. She had been lost in thought of her previous nightmare, this one had been the worse. Carl. He smiled at her "Good morning sunshine." Kat blushed, she knew Carl had a crush on her, knew it since she was little. He wasn't her type and he simply didn't get the message that she didn't want to date him. Everyone knew it, Jason found every way to make fun of her for it. Kat loved Carl as a brother, they had been friends since birth. They had all been raised together, they were all practically siblings and to be anything else was just strange to Kat. "Eat the rest of that muffin and meet us at the front. Jason and Emily are in a hurry for this mission" Carl turned and left, phew. Kat rolled her eyes from the mention of them being in a hurry and ate by herself until she was satisfied.

"Turns out a Hydra demon just killed some mundies..." Carl was saying as they trailed behind Emily and Jason. Mundies was Carl's term for Mundanes. Mundanes were humans and Shadowhunters were human angel-hybrids; Nephilim. Kat nodded, applying a swiftness Rune to her arm with her stele, she gritted her teeth as it burned. "Here let me help--"Carl said. Kat quickly waved him off and caught a quick look of hurt on his face. She turned to him, looking at his gray eyes "Carl I'm fine with making my own Runes." Carl's curly black hair bounced as the wind picked up along Gardner Street. Mundanes passed by, oblivious to them due to their Glamour. They turned into a dark, foul smelling ally. "I'm sorry" Carl said shamefully under his breath. "Oh Carl your funny" Kat laughed. Ahead Jason hissed "Shhh."
Kat's insides swirled with excitement, her body adjusting into her warrior mode. Kat's muscles were itching to thrash at a Demon with her Seraph sword. She took it out of its holder, this one was new and needed to be named. She whispered "Agon" It lit up, thrumming beneath her fingers. Emily raised her bow, raising an arrow to its string. Jason has his sword out too, it lit up the dark ally around them like a moon at night. "It was in an apartment, up there" Jason pointed to stairs along a building. He began climbing them, his muscle rippling beneath his shirt doing so. Carl went after him next. Kat gave Emily a look, you go first. She smiled and climbed the stairs, her bright blond hair a fountain of gold in the sun. "Katherine Grace McNamara!" yelled Jason on the last landing. Kat, jumped up on the stairs, her swiftness Rune blazing on her skin. With precision and accuracy she ran the stairs quicker than Jason ever could. Kat was the fastest out of all them, she had a skinny frame, but a well built one for running. Jason rolled his eyes, Emily clapped while Carl smiled. "Let's go" Jason said, clearly annoyed and broke the window to get inside.

The apartment had been abandoned quickly after the attack, it was spotless besides the police tape around a spot where blood stained wood. Splattered onto the white wall was Demon ichor. Jason took out his, illuminating the room to a beautiful glow. Kat had a nagging feeling that despite a pre Demon presence their was something human here. Everyone was fairly quite expect for feet shuffling upstairs. She had applied a hearing Rune yesterday and didn't use it all up. Kat flung herself towards the stairs and ended up finding someone unexpected. A boy.

I hope you liked that Angels! Stay tuned for Chapter 2!!

the_fairondales
jacescarrot

PLEASE KEEP READING!!!! I promise you this story will get slightly better as it goes on :) 

Also click that little star and gimme some love, your positive comments give me the motivation to keep writing!