Chapter 19

CARLS POV

  Whenever he closed his eyes he saw Kat, it was never Emily even after making out with her for the longest time. She kissed him with a burning passion whilst he had no choice. Her lips brought no emotion into his heart, although it filled some dark holes in his thundering heart. The pain coming back from the dead had multiplied twice as much. Carl looked at the mirror, his painful expression greeting him. If his heart could be mended, in the only way that could happen would be Kat's love. Hot tears made tracks down his pale and dirty face, he punched the mirror. It shattered musically into the pristine sink and the tiled floor. His fist dripped in warm crimson blood, the pain was almost nonexistent compared to the longing of wanting Kat for so long. If only she knew. "If only she knew" he growled, his gray eyes becoming almost pitch black. An idea so insane and brilliant filled his mind. Damon had ways of making Dark magic potions. He was almost both Warlock and Shadowhunter. Damon could make a potion to make Will stop loving Kat and a potion to make Kat love Carl. He smiled, letting out a crazy laugh. Someone clapped behind him saying "Bravo son." Carl whipped around in astonishment "Damon!" If Carl expected to hate his appearance he felt anything but gratifying gratefulness. How did he get to the New York Institute? How did he know I wasn't dead? Presumably, he knew everything. "If I recall your back on their side?" he asked, leaning against the frame of the door. He had a stele in his hand and was twirling it in his palm. His dark plain hair today was spiked up, which was odd for someone like Damon. "Never Damon" he smiled. "I have a question" Carl stepped towards Damon. He explained to Damon what he wanted and asked if he could do it. Damon's eyes laid upon him heavily, it felt like he had laid weights on his shoulders. "Of course I could do that! You and Katherine can rule the world together." It sounded like bland amusement, something that would never come true. "I did something bad but it felt...so...good" Carl mothed out slowly. Damon grinned "That's how it's supposed to feel indeed." He cleared his throat "Let's go, if you want this dream of yours to come true we've got some work to do" Carl never felt so lifted from joy. 

                                                                                   .........................

  Carl expected to work on this with Damon only but he had Warlocks held hostage at his castle, ready to work for them despite their urges not wanting to follow orders. Warlocks busily ran about the grand room, mystified with their work at hand. Some looked like they'd take a seraph blade to their heads in a second. Damon stood at the top of the exquisite stairs, standing tall and proud above everyone and everything. He looked like a king. Carl realized that soon enough that would be Kat and him, it made his heart pick up speed. It felt as if hands were grabbing onto his heart and squeezing all the emotions out for him to savor. He sure as hell savored every ounce. "Carl!" Damon shouted. His eyes went over to Damon from the busy Warlocks, seeing him usher for him to come. Carls feet immediately picked up speed towards his leader, the sheer amount of proud in Carl made him lift his head in respect. Damon caught this and grinned an evil-like grin, one only sinisterly evil person should wear. Damon. "So tell me how are you going to get them to drink this?" "Oh, easy I shall make them a cake." He was picking up on Damon's grammatical speeches, Carl noticed. Shall? He never used such a dumb word. "Ah that is ideal" he purred. A woman, who carried a glorious beauty, came up the stairs. The dress she wore showed her strong thighs, her dress green and vibrant. "Darling" Damon kissed her forehead. When did he ever have a wife? A girlfriend? Carl swallowed down the bile that rose in his throat. He wanted someone. God he hated being alone like this. Carl remembered Jason's words like a hot rod to his heart "There is plenty of fish in the sea, you and Kat will never get married blah blah." The woman waved her hands in front of his face, calling him out from memories. "Hello, my Lady" Carl bowed. He regretted it immediately. She wasn't anything of royalty! Damon gave him a praised look. All the worry washed away. He was doing everything the way Damon wanted with satisfying smiles. "Hello, handsome one" she curtsied. "I'm Deliah" she shook his hand. "You died?" she gave him a look. "Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time" he joked. He held onto her honey-colored skin for too long, Damon didn't seem to care. Maybe he shares Carl thought with cold amusement. Her brown eyes locked with his grey eyes, he quickly looked away, not wanting her to find any particular interest in him. Damon was her's. And Carl had Kat. It was as simple as that. "While they work let's celebrate with some champagne..." Damon said.