Chapter 15

Kat studied the crackling magic that was the ward around Will's manor from the bedroom's window. She couldn't wrap her mind around how Magnas Barne could outlast the amount of power the ward needed. If I was a warlock I'd use my powers to make a lifetime's supply of cookies, she thought. She spotted a crippled flower on a wooden desk and placed it in the palm of her hand, studying it. The flower was crimson red, like blood. For some reason, the flower felt icy cold in her hands. A few seconds ticked by and the room slowly grew darker, save for the sudden moon light creeping in.

A voice she both felt and heard whispered along her neck, sending shivers up her spine: "I will kill your pathetic boyfriend." Kat's knees grew weak, but she wouldn't allow herself to be weak around Damon. She straightened like a rod, supporting all of her body weight even when it felt like it would collapse beneath herself "You may try but you will fail." The laugh that came out of his mouth sounded darkly humored. She felt icy to the bones from the sudden temperature drop and Damon's own haunting presence. "Oh Katherine..." he began musically.

She whirled around and expected to see him. He was their but actually wasn't. Damon was a transparent silhouette, standing directly in the moons light. The flower that was clutched in her fingers tightened and a few petals fell to the hard wood floor. The light through his body flickered like diamonds. She pulled another petal off the flower and a fraction of Damon disappeared. "Ah you're a smart red head" he said with a hint of annoyance in his dead tone. He bounced over to Kat, taking her by her hair and yanking her to the floor. Her eyes, filled with tears, searching for the flower, her head pounding like a drum.

She found it just a few inches away from her foot and grabbed it before Damon managed the time to sway his way over. With the heel of her boot, she smashed the flower and it disintegrated into thin air, the pieces looking silver in the light. Damon let out a whiny howl before he vanished.

The door to her room slammed open, the wall shook as it made an impact. A concerned Will asked, "What the hell happened Kat?" His gaze looked over the pile of ash, the remains of the mysterious flower and back to her. "I-Damon-" she explained the best she could what happened, even when it was unbelievable and impossible. "So he's actually not here, right?" Will questioned. Kat nodded "I crushed the flower and he was gone." Will sighed "This is crazy let's get you another room." "Can I sleep with you, I don't want to ever be alone in this house again" she followed after him. He stopped in his tracks "I don't know why I'd ever leave you alone in this place, I'm very sorry" he confessed, taking her hands and kissing each finger. Chills ran from her hands along her arms.

Will's room was one of those dark rooms when you went through a certain gothic stage in your teenage life. Although Shadowhunters typically wore all black his room was still in all the shades of black. Shadowhunters were not goth and did not originate from the idea either. Will's room was the complete opposite of his personality too, he was bright and happy. His room dark and mean. "You know what I was thinking about Kat?" he said, busily going through a big book self. "That Forsaken are mundanes that had Runes drawn on them. Damons soldiers are Shadowhunters but going against all Clave rules." "Yeah everyone knows that" "But why do we call them Forsaken? Their should be another name..." he went through his hair, taking an old looking book from the shelf. He dusted the cover off and opened it, skimming through the pages with his long fingers. "Ah ha!" he tapped a place in the book. "But Will they look monstrous. Damon had to of done something do them" Kat countered. "Yes precisely! It says here those who drank from the Infernal Cup gained superior strength and agility compared to most Nephilim, as a result of their alliance being changed from to . For the same reason, the Endarkened were unable to use seraph blades, which call upon the name and spirit of angels; their angelic also faded from their skin. Instead, the Endarkened Nephilim could only bear demonic runes." "But they can use Seraph Blades right?" "Not unless they've been Marked with demonic runes" 

She thought for awhile, staring out the grand glass window and into the dark night. "We'll figure this out tomorrow let's make some tea" Will threw the book on his big bed. "So is this tea going to miraculously solve everything?" Kat teased. Will rolled his eyes, smiling "You'll see."

When she swallowed the sweet tea her muscles melted like butter. Her eyelids began drooping and Will who was seated across from her, one leg over the other, was like a painted canvas. He was blurring together, a mix of colors. His blue eyes and light brown hair combined into one whole color. Exhaustion took her under into a blissful darkness. 

AN: NEW COVER BY  ajblackthorn 

Give them a warm round of an applause because damnnn this cover is freaking awesome!!!