Chapter 13

Will decided that it was best that they stayed as far away as possible from the Tudor Manor, so they were far in the South of London. Here, it was cool and fall leaves swirled around the sidewalks while they both held onto each other's hands, leisurely walking towards a pond.

Kat had asked Will if he wanted to take refuge at the London Institute but he shook his head no. She guessed that from when Will left he didn't want to go back.  Kat couldn't blame him for that, Malcom's footsteps probably walked those chilling London hallways in the Institute. The New York Institute seemed like a good way to go but no one was there. She realized with a jolt of horror that Carl's parents were probably wondering where their son was, they did run the Institute. "What is it Katherine?" Will asked, sitting down on the dry London grass.

"Carl's parents are probably wondering where he is--where we all are" she sat slowly next to Will, his hand smoothed over hers, warm and comforting. His face was analyzing what she just said, his eyes somewhere past her in a fixed gaze. "You're right" he sighed "But there is nothing we can do about it right now." Kat clenched her other hand in a tight fist, her emotions boiling up. "I can't just let them think he's dead and then have to tell them I accidentally killed their son. I can't" her voice was beginning to crack and tears ran down her cheeks "We have to bring him back!" her tone was beseeching and pleading at once. Will paled, his eyes glowing "We will find a way, I promise." She leaned against his shoulder, a note of calmness surfacing in her mind. Kat believed his promise with all of her heart. His hands stroked her arms, sending shivers along her spine.

Kat was thankful for wearing her tight leather pants and gray sweater with her heavy combat boots, it was perfect for the fall weather. She dug in her pocket for her stele and felt the familiar cool surface. With skilled patience, she drew a Thermal Rune and an Energy too. Kat, lagging behind Will, ran up to him. "Are we there yet?" she asked sweetly. He grinned "Nope." It had been Will's idea to stop at a cafe where he said they sold the best steaming cup of Java ever. They also had specialty desserts, Kat wanted pie. Just thinking about pie made her stomach growl.

"We're here" Will abruptly stopped in his tracks. Kat looked to the side, watching as waitresses buzzed about the cafe, carrying trays of food and drinks. To the right was more stores, behind glass was clothes and purses. She smiled, eyeing a counter of desserts behind the window. Kat ran for the door and bought a slice of creamy lime pie. Will ordered Java and they sat themselve's outside, nearest to a burning fireplace. She ate her pie with a smile while Will watched the fire, fixated on its burning flames.  "Will what are you thinking about?" she asked through a mouth full of pie. He smiled at her "You, of course, that's all I ever think about." Kat forgot how to swallow so she was left coughing and almost choking on her remaining bits of pie in her mouth. "Ohmygoodnesskat" Will said, patting her back. When she was finished she said "That isn't true. There has to be better things to think about." Her face was flushed both from the fire and her choking. All the same, Will admired her rosy cheeks "There isn't really. My life has been so morbid."

Her heart broke. How can one's life of been that bad? "Will--" she started but a Fearie girl had served him his Java and she was making a conversation. "Will oh my you look so much better than when I saw you the last!" the girl giggled. Her green hair, tied in a bun, was changing colors. Kat bit her lower lip. He took a sip from his steaming cup, smiling. "Oh Madaline you yourself look more beautiful than ever" he cooned. Her hair turned a dark red, Kat burst out laughing and immediately threw her hand over her mouth. Will gave her a bewildered look. The girl pretended as if Kat wasn't sitting merely centimeters away from him, their legs brushing against each other. "Well it was nice seeing you Will..." she shot Kat a look before weaving her way back inside the cafe. Kat burst out in giggles "Who was that Will? She was head over heels for you." Will rolled his eyes, setting his cup aside. "Let's go" he stood, taking Kat by her hand.

Will had taken them in a deep dark ally, leading Kat through little obstacles. It was surprising how here in London it didn't smell, but in New York they were acrid. She was slammed against a stone wall by Will. He cupped her face between his hands, tracing the curve of her cheekbones with his fingers. The light was back in his eyes, as bright as it had been when they shared their first kiss, but now there was a wicked sparkle to it. His breath ghosted over her cheek, sending shivers up her spine. "Beleive me when I say you're the only thing that's ever in my mind, day and night" he said, deep in his throat. His tone made her toes curl, his lips slid over her collarbone. He whispered, while his lips danced about her skin "I love love you so much." She shivered. The words and his breath on hers had a deep effect. He let out a deep moan as if he couldn't take another second of his lips not on hers. When they came and sealed over her lips she gasped in surprise as they spoke raw hunger. Her hands found their way in his hair, tugging so hard that it probably hurt. He lifted her up and closer to him she wounded her legs around his waist until she could feel his rib cage against her stomach. Kat could barely breath, her breaths were coming out in sharp rasps. Pleasure filled Kat, Will was kissing her neck and down her-- his hands slid off her sweater. "We should take this somewhere else if we're gonna take it this far" Kat giggled breathlessly. He grinned, busy playing with her bra. "Will I'm serious." "Where Kat?" he asked. Kat looked deep into his dark eyes, filled with desire. "You're manor." "Okay, whatever you want...whatever you want.." he whispered and continued kissing her.