Chapter 9

CARL'S POV
"Carl you're absolutely out of your mind!" Jason yelled, jabbing a finger into Carl's chest. Jason's light hazel eyes had grown dark. Emily stood off to the side in the Institute's hallway, her eyes staring at the ground. "Emily what do you think?" Carl asked quietly, scared she might burst out in a manic talk. "I think it's insane. I'm calling your parents" she said lowly, her eyes still focused on the ground. Carl felt a bolt of pain in his stomach, his parents could not know of this. His mother would hate him more, with twice as the burning mortification that Carl was her son. Her mistake. "No Emily. You won't" Carl said darkly. He didn't want to see his mother, she had abused him. Created this broken boy that Carl now was. Emily knew everything, she understood Carl more than anyone. Jason didn't use it as an excuse for his behavior. But Emily did "We love you Carl. You have us. Isn't that enough?" "I've been in love with Katherine forever I can't--I want her" he stammered. Jason scoffed "I've fallen in love with plenty of people. You can too." Carl shot him an aggravated look "I don't like her with Will. He came from the manor where Damon is in hiding. You don't think that's in the slightest suspicious?!" Jason gave him a look like, are you serious. "You have a point. Will's parents died the day he came through the Portal. Damon killed him. He had no choice" Emily finally was looking at him, straight in the eye. "I'm not going anywhere with you. The sight of you makes me sick " she snarled, whirling on the heels of her boots. The insult hurt him, it disappeared within seconds, he shouldn't care what other people think about him. With a pang of regret he knew he should, Emily was Carl's family. He loved her. Jason stayed silent for awhile before saying "Think about what you're doing. How it's going to affect Kat. She will never forgive you for this. Ever. If you're so in love with in her you would know this. And to add she will never love you either" Jason left fast, his shoulders taut with emotion. Each insult was a punch to his heart, he lost his breath, staggering to the ground. He curled in a ball, rocking himself while he cried, screaming into the crook of his arm.

WILL'S POV
Will stroked Kat's face with such a lightness he knew she wouldn't wake up. Cradled in his arms, Kat moaned in her sleep. The bed's springs complained and in response she made a soft noise. As carefully as he could, Will got up to change into different clothes, heading into the bathroom. He still was in a trance of last nights kiss, Will could still feel the way her lips felt perfectly against his. The way her breathing sounded pleasing to his ears. Her fingers gliding along his naked back. He had never felt so alive or slept so well. The first time Will slept with Kat, he had stared at her all night, memorizing the way her chest rose and fell.
Kat wasn't his first love. Will had fallen in love with his step sister, but she did not return the way he felt. His sister had disappeared with her husband years ago, never to be seen again. She was nothing like Kat. Kat possessed such beauty and confidence that when Kat was with Will it made him feel stronger. She was brave and compassionate. He admired many things about Kat.
He heard shuffling behind him, Kat appeared in the mirror behind Will, looking troubled. "Will do you think Carl is going to come for me?" Kat asked, her forehead in lines of worry. Taken aback Will responded fast "I have a gut feeling he will." Kat paced around the bathroom "I know that he was abused by his mother but that isn't an excuse for his actions now" she was saying "H-he tried to rape me" the last words she spat out like it was poison in her mouth. He didn't blame her, Will felt sick to his stomach. "He's jealous of us. I knew he didn't like you from the start. Jealously sure is dangerous isn't it?" Kat muttered, mostly to herself. "Also Carl is acting anything but himself. This isn't like him at all" she added. Her face was tight in emotion. "Indeed it is" Will felt jealously when his step sister slept with his closest friend, Mark. It was in this very underground house they both planned to make, when their father was wealthy. Will enjoyed it here. When she had yelled at him, screamed, threw things at him for loving her like he did he didn't enjoy it as much as he once did. Will shouldn't of loved his step sister. After all they didn't share the same blood. Besides, that was in the past and it meant absolutely nothing to Will now. He felt nothing too, just emptiness when he thought of it. "You know Will I've been talking for a good few minutes and you've completely zoned out. What's wrong?" Kat said, breaking Will out of his train of thoughts. Her look was revere, her eyes dancing over his face. "Nothing. I'm going to protect you with my life Kat. I won't let the ass hole touch you" he moved to comfort her. A loud bang interrupted his move to kiss her-- "Bloody hell" "By the Angel!" they both said at once, their lips brushing each other. A bolt of electricity went up his spine.

Kat dove in the bedroom for her weapons, her seraph blade glowing brightly, casting a bright glow onto her beautiful fiery hair. Will held his out too, listening as he heard disembodied voices above. "Do you think it's Carl?" she whispered. Will moved closer to Kat until their shoulders were touching. "Dear God I hope not" he breathed out. "There's an emergency exit in the library" he took Kat's hand, rushing into the dark hallway. His heart was pounding so hard, his breathing rapid. Will didn't want to lose her, nor did he want her out of his sight. If Carl was here he would do anything to keep Kat away from him.
They made it to the library, Will ran to the hidden passageway, which was hidden behind a book shelf. He moved the shelf, grunting in effort. Kat kept a look out, her eyes were filled with worry. "Come on" he ushered her into the tunnel that would deposit them in the forest. He moved the book shelf back in its original potion.
For some reason he didn't feel Kat walking besides him. He looked back in the dark tunnel and saw her, witchlight in hand, staring after him with tears in her eyes. "Will.
Would if Carl takes me away from you" Kat whispered, her lower lip trembling. The words hit him hard, there was no way he was letting that happen. "I won't let it happen" he said fiercely. Kat let out a relived breath.

When they came out from the tunnel, the first thing he noticed was footprints. Their shouldn't be any, none at all. He hasn't been here since years ago--Kat, who was besides him fell to the ground from a figure flying from above. The man toppled on top of her, he saw a glint of metal in his hand and horror clenched his stomach. It happened so fast...Will shouted her name and was grasped by the neck from someone's fingers. "Well well well what do we have here?" the taunting voice sent a revulsion of hatred and disgust up Will's body. Carl. Kat struggled in her captor's arms, her eyes were pleading as she watched them. Will took his seraph blade and drove it into his thigh. Or so he thought, it only grazed his leg. He yelled out in pain, blood sputtering onto the ground. Kat kneed her captor down, he let out a strangled growl. Without Will she ran off. Carl had gotten back up to his feet and aimed a knife into Will's side. "KAT!" Will yelled. 

KAT'S POV
Kat's heart dropped to the ground when she heard Will yell her name, filled with so much pain. She swirled around on the heels of her feet, in time to see him fall to the ground, his face in pain. "NO!" she screamed, taking her stele out. Carl blocked her path to Will. "You bastard. Rot in hell" she spat at Carl. His face shadowed darkly, his gray eyes grew almost black. His hair moved in the wind, he looked so beautiful and evil at once. She hated it. Without a single thought she threw a throwing knife in his foot. He hobbled on one foot, running into a rock and hitting his head on it. She rushed over to Will, giving him an Iratze on the wound. His eyes searched her face, tears were falling down her cheeks. He wiped them away delicately. Kat should be looking where Carl was. All she cared about was Will Tudor. Nothing else mattered. Just as his wound began to heal, men in black clad with readied seraph blades appeared from the forest. "Surrender Kat or I'll kill Will" Carl gave her a look around hatred and lust. "You may try" she threatened savagely, he finally flinched. Carl sauntered towards her, taking Kat by the arms and dragging her away from Will. "NO NO!" she screamed, kicking out at Carl. She watched painfully as Will struggled from a crowd consuming him. "NOOO" she cried, getting exhausted from kicking Carl's legs. "Stop you bitch" Carl growled into her ear, she could feel his lips move against her warm skin. His hands moved around her, tightening their grip on her arms. "We're putting your precious Will Tudor in prison" Carl said, in a careless tone as if nothing was going on. Kat couldn't see Will anymore, she bit down a scream. "Where?!" she said. "You'll see" Carl spoke huskily, he was enjoying this very much. Kat would enjoy taking a blade and driving it right into his heart. If he even had one.

Do you guys think there's good in Carl? Or do you just absolutely hate him.

Do you think Will's step sister is alive or dead? She may be coming in later, during a pivotal event. Her name  will be a mystery until she is revealed.