Chapter 11

Amber and Jules were held back from more of Damon's guards. So Damon was smarter than she thought. A deep chill consumed her bones, they were not escaping without a fight. Kat looked the other way when she heard a familiar groan of the opening Institute door. Jason and Emily spilled through with a swarm of many Shadowhunters clad in dark gear, brandishing glowing seraph blades. Kat's heart jumped, they were here to save them. Damon let out a spew of dirty words. Will took Kat's arm and shoved her away from the crackling Portal, Damon who stood still in shock broke his statue form, and came her way. His eyes were full of maddening rage, a blade clenched in his right hand. Kat let out a protest as he pushed her farther away, Will seeing Damon's moves began fighting the guards off one by one towards Damon. "Damon! Surrender or you will die!" a woman shouted. Damon laughed "You will die." He snapped his fingers and his army ran into the crowd of Shadowhunters. Each and every one of Will's strikes were lethal and too fast to follow as he fought.Kat's mouth gaped open in surprise, she had never seen such a brilliant looking fighter. Will was unlike any Shaodwunter she's seen.

Kat couldn't help but feel so thankful for Jason and Emily bringing the Clave here to save them. Emily met her eye from where she
stood, giving her a slight nod before going into battle. It was all a blur in the next second. She followed Emily's glowing hair, it was as shiny as any blade. Clave members came over to her, circling her to protect her from Damons army. They asked questions but she ignored them. Kat was becoming dizzy, her lack of stamina was making her feel weaker by the second standing on her two feet. Their was no time to apply any Runes. She stumbled into one of Damon's guards. His arms came around around her neck, wrapping tighter to choke her. "WILL!" she screamed, her throat tightening until it began to swell in pain. Kat was wheezing to choke out his name again. The Shadowhunters who had been guarding her were trapped from Damon's men.

She kicked at the man and he buckled back, his arms loosening around her neck. "WILL SIBREE TUDOR" she shouted. Across the room, Will swirled around, his opponent falling to the ground. His eyes were both shocked and concerned. She knew his full name because she heard it in her dreams. Kat felt a cool touch on her neck. "NO!" Will screamed, his eyes on something next to her. Something whistled past her ear, the guard suddenly collapsed, Kat gasped. She was catching her breath when she noticed an arrow was embedded into his shoulder, Will finally made it over to her and l led Kat around the chaos. She spotted Jason across the room with his bow, shooting arrows by the second.

"The Clave doesn't want us fighting" Will rasped, shaking. Kat didn't question why. They took the steps upstairs as fast as they could with Kat hanging limply onto Will's arm. Will stopped in front of his room, he looked inside before pulling her in with him.

He locked the door, and then applied a Rune to the door too. The swirls of the Rune flowed onto the wood, each of the lines were disappearing from her vision like dripping water. Kat collapsed to the floor, her knees get like heavy weights. She began to cry.

"I killed him Will. I killed him" she let out a strangled cry, the pain tore through her heart. "Who?" his arms came around her, keeping her in one warm piece. "Carl" she choked. She felt his muscles harden. "Kat.." he stroked her hair back from out of her eyes. She looked up to him, watching as his eyes searched her face. "I want him back" Kat said. She regretted it all. "My friends--" she staggered up onto her feet. Kat tried to open the door. "No, don't!" Will shouted. She backed up from the door, dread settling into her heart like weights. Kat felt so heavy with guilt and emotion. Will came over to her, pulling her in for a hug. "Will.." "Yes?" "Im sorry you have to see me like this. I'm such a mess." Will pulled her back to look her in the eyes "You don't have to be apologizing for anything. Your my mess Kat" his hand cupped her small face. She chuckled "So you think I'm a mess." Will rolled his eyes. The commotion downstairs suddenly broke and Kat could hear Will's shaky breaths. "Do you think their gone?" Kat asked. She let out a shaky breath just when she heard Jason shout her name. "In here!" she shouted back. Will opened the door cautiously, letting in Jason. "Where's Carl?" he asked. Kat fell the floor, hitting her head. Kats vision became dark and the darkness consumed her.