Chapter 14

Will was visibly shaking when he opened the unlocked Manor door, it creaked open, allowing fall leaves to fly through from the gusty winds. Whatever feelings Kat had while the ally was suddenly wiped away from the chilling hallway when she stepped through, her boot making an imprint onto the glossy floor. She shivered, noticing blood marks on the light colored walls. "W-Will?" her teeth chattered together, it was awfully cold here. Will looked over at her, a concerning look crossing his face. "It's really cold in here we should start a fire" she suggested with a sweet smile. He nodded, smiling quickly before his lips vanished to a grim line.  "Follow me" he said, his boots made pats pats in the dead silence. 

Will stared into the fire like he did at the cafe, this time he looked tense and angry. "I can't believe Damon was here again" he started, his voice shook with a visible rage. "The bastard needs to die" he spat. "Will I--" "Kat you need to understand that someone like Carl and Damon deserve to die!" he snapped. The words settled into her heart like individual paperweights, each one more painful than the last, like shards of freezing ice. "Carl deserves another chance! He's a close friend! And friends don't kill friends Will Sebree Tudor!" Will gaped at her, he had gone pale as fresh snow. 

"Do friends hurt their other friends?" he shot back, color coming back into his sharp cheekbones. She swallowed back her words, she had none actually. Will was right and he always would be. Kat wanted her Carl back. She was his. And he was her's. She wanted to be  parabatai with him, it's forbidden to fall in love with your parabatai so maybe that would stop him from loving Kat.  But this was Carl and he would stop mercifully at nothing. "Exactly so I won't allow you to do it. If you bring him back from the dead he may never be the same..." his breath ghosted across her cheek while his eyes drunk her in. "GahIwish" she mumbled, her stomach curling in sadness. He stroked her chin, managing to lift her face up to face his.

His lips parted to say something, instead voices filled the silence. She jerked back in alarm and gripped a table in shock. The crackling energy in the room suddenly snapped into a chilling horror. Kat's hands scrambled behind her for any weapoon. Her fingers wrapped around something cold and hard. The poker for the fireplace. Footsteps sounded close to the room they were in, Will looked over at Kat as she brandished the poker. His eyes, alight, carefully watched her in some kind of masked amusement. "What? I need something!" she hissed. Will handed Kat her blade that was sitting on the couch all alone. Now as if it was comforted by her touched it pulsed in her palm and lit up. Kat applied a hearing rune so she could hear what was going outside from in here. "...Will Tudor...was here sir" a voice was saying in a rushed manner. "But him and Katherine have left the L.A Institute and are now here! I saw it you bastard!" another voice said but this one was a cruel voice. 

"Their just kids!" "Kids? Hell no they aren't! Will has destroyed Damon's plans, ripped apart--" "DAMON HAS RIPPED EVERYONE'S LIVES APART! DON'T YOU SEE?" Kat doubled back, her ears ringing. She wouldn't of needed the super hearing to hear that one. The cruel other did not answer that, instead she heard them leave. "Damon's allies Katherine, nothing to worry about" Will said softly. He must of noticed how she felt. She felt scared. "We need a Warlock to put a protection ward around this damn house" she said, placing her blade on the table nearest to her. Kat noticed she was trembling. "I will just give me a minute" he spoke tenderly. The words felt like honey in her body, soothing her. If only she could fall asleep now and forget about everything. 

The Warlock,Magnas Barne from New York, gave me me a glittering smile. His cat eyes were calm and calculating while he took in Will's manor. "You know that's going to drain my powers..." he continued distantly. "If you don't want to do it--" Will started. "No! No! Anything for some friends. I'm sad to here that Carl is gone.." the way he said it preferred that he may have feelings for Carl. After all he did seem very fond of Carl... "Anyways shall we go inside? It's rather very cold" Magnas entered the Manor with a sweep of glittery steps. "He's you're friend?" Will asked incredulously, as if he couldn't believe it. Kat nodded, a smile itching to form on her lips "He's a nice man." "I think he has a crush on Carl" "Who wouldn't" Kat's stomach filled with sadness and horror. Would if Magnas actually did?, Kat thought while she watched him swirl his arms around to produce the spell. She looked over at Will who hadn't said anything about it.  His face was taught, his jawline looking sharper than ever. "I didn't mean I liked him-" her voice faltered off when a loud crash exploded. 

"It's done" 

The ward was around the Manor. Hopefully it would keep out all Forsaken warriors. With a flick of the wrist Mr. Barne created a Portal and he was gone.

AN: I want to thank you all for voting on my chapters, it means so much! When you vote it makes my time making these chapter seem a worth awhile. I know my friends enjoy this very much and I honestly don't know when or how I'm gonna end this story, it's so fun writing this cheesy romance of my otp.