One year past. Short story pt1

It's not the same anymore.

It's been a year after my children's 6th and 7th birthday, a year since they left.

We received a threat from one of Annie's enemies. She was back and she was willing on killing her this time.

As I said before, it's been a year since Annie and the children, accompanied by Legout and Eli left to a remote area that Eli owns in Marley. It was the only way and only place for her and the kids to be protected. I would have gone but it was better if I stayed.... for multiple reasons.

Everything has changed within this one year. Other than Michael turning 7 and the twins and Connor turning 6, Annie gave birth to a new kid. A boy who Legout named Andy, after my father I guess. He's now 4 months old. Cute little fellow I might say. He got her eyes and "my" blond hair with "my" face. I was happy for her but sad that I couldn't be with her. Well Legout was and he got his hand crushed. Like crushed crushed.

Other than those changes, we also changed. I cut my hair short and no not my coconut hair short! Like short short. I was promoted to Commander of the Survey Corpse but I rejected that offer and retired in order to protect my family. Now Marcel is in charge as Second in Command for Hange. He's grown stronger, and grew his hair longer. He's now rocking my old ponytail style. He's grown into the man I never became and I'm happy about that.

It's right now July 29 here in the mansion and it's a slower day than usual.

Marcel: Checkmate. I win, again.

I wasn't listening. My mind was busy somewhere else.

Marcel: Dad? Hello? Calling Armin back from Lala land! Hello?

Armin: what do I have to do in order to protect the ones I love?

??: come back to us our Prince.

???: yeah. Come back to us!

?: answer the calling Armin, my son. Even though you failed once I still care about you as my own. Come back and I can give you everything you ever desired. I can give you a family, a wife who loved you, I can give you immortality! Come back to the nether. I-

Marcel: DAD!

Armin: huh? Oh congrats Marc.

Marcel: are you ok dad?

Armin: yeah. It's just that- *sighs* I don't know

Marcel: I miss her too dad. I miss all of them but it's the only way to protect her from whoever that Michi girl is.

Armin: yeah but it's been a year marcel. A year! I can't survive this pain for much longer! I'm gonna break!

Marcel: don't. Cause mom wouldn't want to you to.

Armin: yeah. She wouldn't.

Marcel: now. Another game?

Armin: sure.

Marcel: alright! Let's-

News: There's been an outbreak in death cases as relative to one another all around the Walls Maria, Rose, and Sheena. Numbers are increasing and population is as decreasing. This young cat-like lady is a prime suspect. If you see this lady with purple hair, pale skin and red eyes in your area then please call the Military Police and or the Survey Corpse immediately! Back to you Carl.