Chapter Two

Meeray woke up to the sound of the alarm clock ringing, tired she rose from her bed yawning her hair a mess, It looks like a birds nest.

She removed the strands of hair off her cheek to check the slap mark it's still a bit visible damn it!. She went inside her bathroom washed up, brushed her teeth, wore her pinky comfy jumper and a crisp white shirt with a knee length grey skirt and matching shoes.

She wore these clothes to remove the attention from her faces and she also have voluntary work after school with elderly people.

Fixing up her hair letting it lose and fall on her shoulders covering the mark. Meeray loved styling she learned how to style in order to impress her dad but all of that fired back.

Sighing she picked up her bag and went downstairs to fix herself a breakfast, but saw her parents sitting and eating on the table they're up early so unusual.

Her heart racing from fear, she avoided eye contact and went to get a pear but her dad stopped her he stood in front of her.

" don't yell at me again missy, what I'm doing is for your own good so don't talk back, I'm the one who makes the decisions here not you! Not your mom!". Her father spat making Meeray flinch.

Meeray didn't say a word waiting for her dad to leave the room when he did her eyes started watering looking at her mom with anger.

"Thanks mom, thanks a lot! You shouldn't have talked to him in the first place, he always picks on me hates the way I talk dress and even walk!" Meeray once again rushed out of the house crying and gasping for air, her hell won't end.

Shipping her tears Meeray remembered that she forgot the guy's umbrella at her house, frustrated she stormed off to school.

Meeray sat at the lunch table with her Bestfriend Amelia, Meeray rested her head at the table and sighed.

"Did you guys get into another fight?" Amelia asked concerned.
"Yeah this time he even slapped me" Meeray whispered.
"I'm sorry sweetie,I wish I could do something"
"It's okay having you is enough" Meeray lifted her head to send a smile Amelia's way.
"Oh girl don't forget we gotta buy that cake for Ms.Peter while others decorate"
"I haven't forgotten, actually I'm so excited she's turning 80 this year!" Meeray said jumping in her seat.

"Hey monkey stop jumping in your place and eat your food" said one of the school girls to Meeray.

Meeray stopped what she was doing and blushed hard, because of the unwanted attention she gathered.

"Hey Mee, Henry is looking at you again I swear he has a thing for you!!"
"No way,plus I don't like him"
"Are you kidding me?! Have you looked at him?"
" yes I have and I still don't like him he's nice and all but I think I have someone else" Meeray said don a dreamy tone and covered her face in embarrassment.

" oh my god, who is he Mee?"
" I'll tell you about him on our way to the cake shop" Amelia nodded her head furiously, smiling like an idiot making Meeray laugh.

School went on like usual nothing special happened except for the incident on the 2nd floor with the chemistry teacher someone blew up the tubes mixing the wrong chemicals.

Now Meeray and Amelia are at the cake shop choosing a cake, on their way to the shop Meeray told Amelia everything about the boy who helped her.

Amelia kept and giggling and squealing upon hearing the story and Meeray stopping her. In the shop Amelia suggested that Meeray should buy him something as a thank you gift, but Meeray kept on saying no.

"What if he doesn't like sweets? What if he has allergy to eggs or sugar?" Asked Meeray nervously.

"Oh my god Mee stop making excuses, he'll like it now come on help me pick, Raspberry flavor cake or chocolate?"

"I don't know!"

"Fine lets buy both" and so they bought both and headed for the elderly' house for the birthday party and after that heading to Meeray's house to get the umbrella.
---------------------
Have a nice day! Thanks for reading❤️