Chapter Four

Today is Friday finally! Meeray jumped out of bed beaming, heading to the bathroom to do her usual morning routine.

Meeray ascended down the stairs very quickly which made her phone fly out of her pocket and landing on the floor making a crack noise.

She cursed her luck and her clumsiness yet again, inspecting the phone she found a big crack on the screen.

Finding her mom in the kitchen she showed her the phone, her mom started scolding her telling her to be careful.

"What should I do now mom, can I get this fixed?"

"I don't know as-" her mother was interrupted by her father.

"Your not getting you phone fixed you irresponsible money spending child, this wouldn't have happened if you were a quite one" her father slammed his hand the table.

"Go find a job and be responsible for once" he said in a harsh tone, he's always there to pick on me, he doesn't even know how I spend my time nor money.

Not wanting to get hit she swallowed everything inside and nodded to his words leaving the kitchen and heading to school.

At school Meeray and Amelia discussed signing into Jae's school, they talked to their teachers to help them which they agreed upon.

After school finished they headed to the convenience store but found it closed.

"I guess he's still at school?" Asked Meeray.

"Maybe let's wait out a bit till he arrives".

5 minutes have passed and the sound of Jae's breathing could be heard, they stood to greet him.

"Hi sorry I'm late my-my teacher kept me after class" There was silence for a bit until Amelia nudged Meeray.

"Oh don't worry we also just arrived here!" Meeray looked back at Amelia with a glare.

"Okay come on lets get inside" Jae opened the door and they got inside flicking on the lights.

"By the way what's you friend's name?"

"She's Amelia my best friend"

"Nice to meet you"
"You too" replied Amelia.

" I got you girls the papers assuming that's the reason you're with her" he pointed at Amelia while saying this and she said yes.

"Okay you got to fill these papers, where they write say describe about yourself just lie like they never read these things, they only accept people with good grades on the test" he said with a mocking tone.

The girls laughed and started filling the papers one by one, asking Jae questions here and there.

Meeray due to nervousness pulled out her phone to check the time "Oh my Mee what happened to your phone?"

"It's fell from me on my way down the stairs, and my parents won't pay to fix it"

"What did they say?" Amelia asked concerned she knows how they treat her and wishes she could punch Meeray's father to death.

"My mom scolded me and my dad said go get a job" Meeray said bummed.

"Well you can work here! The pay is good plus I do need help here" Jae looked at Meeray hoping she would say yes.

Meeray panicked at that question not knowing what to do, she looked at Amelia for help.

"Oh she would love to" Amelia jumped in for her.

"Great I'll talk to him he'll love having you" Jae went to outside to talk to the owner.

"More like he loves to have you" Amelia winked at Meeray and clapped like a seal out of happiness.

Meeray breathed slowly and continued with the papers, when both girls finished Jae entered "he said yes but wants to meet you to discuss few things about the job and all that stuff"

"Thank you! now I can fix this broken screen".
"Your welcome, I see you girls finished your papers, give me them I'll take them to school on Monday"

Jae gathered Amelia's papers and went to gather Meeray's papers, Meeray wanted to hand him the papers this resulted in them touching hands.

Meeray quickly retreated her hands, thanking him for his help, packing her stuff and getting out as fast as she can.

Amelia packed her stuff too turning to talk to him." I don't care if I sound weird but you guys suit each other well! Take good care of her bye"

Jae smiled at Amelia's word and watched her run after her bestfriend.
--------------
Have a wonderful day everyone!