Chapter Eight

"Which color board do you want?" Jae asked when we got to the shop.

"Do they have a black and purple mixture one?" I asked in a hopeful tone, those two colors are my favorite.

"I think they do stay here and let me check" I stayed at the bench waiting for him and he came back after a few minutes with the boards.

"Yeeesssss your the best!" I exclaimed " come on Jae I'm ready to tear this mountain down" I said enthusiastically.

"Slow down there tiger we're both wearing jeans so we're not going to be snowboarding for long its dangerous". He said brushing my hair, it felt nice.

"Actually let me go rent us some waterproof pants" Jae went off to buy them concerned about both of us.

He returned with them and we got to the changing rooms then headed to the top to snowboard.

"Do you prefer to listen to me instructing or watching how I do it?" Jae lifting his gaze to meet mine waiting for my answer.

"I want to watch I think I'll remember everything when I see you do it" I spoke softly.

Jae secured the leash onto his ankle and went down the hill doing a freecarving to stop and to look at me.

What he did was so cool and his broad shoulders, I like to see a guy's back it gives off the vibe of protectiveness and manliness.

"Meeray do a small curve to stop, you can do it" he shouted to me.

I went down slowly though i was shaking a bit trying to remember how to do it, I arrived next to Jae doing a little curve to stop.

"Good job I see you're remember everything just a bit more" Jae encouraged me.

"Okay lets do this!" I shouted getting fired up.

When I got the hang of it we were going down fast, him showing off a few tricks he learned looking hella cool.

Snowboarding was really fun and I really enjoyed it but it came my favorite thing when this happened.

I was curving a small curve to continue in the direction of the store when Jae came into the view and gazed at me with loving and tender eyes, it's like the whole world stopped while we were staring at each other.

It's a magical moment that we shared and a one I will never forget. I guess some fantasies do exist.

We stopped but kept staring at each other until a little boy ran pass us and snapped our attention.

"Lets go eat" he said unbuckling my leash and his, holding the boards and giving them back to the shop.

We sat at the table, the restaurant was cosy, it had black and white photos hung up and small lights decorating the windows.

"What do you want to eat?"
"Roasted chicken with vegetables! Gotta get taller"I said enthusiastically.

"Haha well your height suits you and you look cute" he said while flicking to the waiter to come.

"A little more height won't hurt by the way how tall are you?" I questioned he really is tall.

"6ft tall" he said answering my question.
"Yes can we have roasted chicken with vegetables and a slice of shepherd pie?" He told the waiter.

The waiter wrote them down and headed to the kitchen, while I sat admiring the outside view I really love nature.

My phone rang, the screen showing my aunts number but I turned the phone off.

"Hey don't turn it off, you can answer it if you want I won't mind" Jae said.

"No it's okay its my aunt I'll call her back, she's gonna probably tell me about her plants again" I said with a bored tone don't get me wrong I love my aunt, I just don't like her talking about plants and listening to her naming every single flower that has bloomed.

"It is extremely boring to listen to someone talk about plants, I don't have an aunt both my parents are the only child in their family"he said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"She's my fathers sister and I actually I had another aunt but she died before even my parents got married"

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that, if you don't mind me asking how did she die?"

"Actually now that I think about it they never told me how"I said realization hitting me.

Why didn't they?

"They probably had a reason not to tell you, ask them if you want when you get back home"

"Nah it's okay they'll probably tell me when they think it's the right time" saying this made him smile I don't know why, focusing on his eyes I see they're a mixture of brown and a hint of greenness.

"Such beautiful mixture" I thought I whispered that but turns out I said that out loud again!

"You like my eyes?" Jae said smirking a bit and coming close to my face.

"Well yours are a beautiful shade of brownish hazel" he said after gazing into them it's like he gazed right through my soul and sat down.

"Thank you" I whispered my shyness getting the best of me,I turned to look outside and evade his gaze until I calmed down.

The food arrived with its delicious aroma filling the room, thanking the waiter we dug in and made small conversation talking about favorite books and such.

He reads a lot of books ranging from romance to philosophy which shocked me a bit, he doesn't like sports that much the only one he plays are basketball and snowboarding.

Finishing our meal we fought for who to pay, I can't let him pay for mine I'm taught to pay for my own things but he wouldn't let me and eventually he paid for everything.

Walking back it looked like Jae wanted to say something but didn't, being my shy self I couldn't bring myself to ask.

He walked me all the way to my house, saying goodbye I walked up my front door stairs but was stopped by him.

"Actually before you enter I wanted to give you this" he handed me a small bag "it's kinda a lucky charm you know for test and such"

I stared at him and the bag such a cute little gift.

"Thank you! You're so thoughtful I'll treasure it and use it all the time for my exams" I said with determination almost crushing the bag in my hand.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow at work" he said walking away I think I saw a hint of pink on his cheeks I guess I embarrassed him a bit.

After seeing him walk away I entered the house only to be greeted by my mother and father.
----------
Thank you for reading ❤️
Hope you guys have a wonderful day.