Chapter Eleven

"Come on girls you can do it!" Jae yelled for the tenth time trying to cheer us up, he's helping us study at the town's public library.

"Jae I won't tolerate with anymore yelling, one more and your out" said the librarian.

"Sorry ma'am, here let me help you with these" Jae apologized and carried the books for her.

"God I can't solve this, what is this kind of wizardry" Amelia groaned, for the last hour we've been trying to solve math as you can see it's not going well.

"I know right math is such an awful subject" I said staring at the books we have in front of us, getting into private schools is hard.

"Hey how did it go, did he say yes?" I asked Amelia about what happened yesterday she went and asked Sam out.

"Oh yes he was shocked I don't know why but  said yes and we have a date on Thursday" Amelia said sighing dreamily, putting her hands under her chin.

"Imagine us under a tree me feeding him and then after that I put my head on his thigh and he plays with my hair ruffling it a bit" she said completely ignoring her surroundings.

I waved my hands in front of her face but she didn't care "hello earth to Amelia!" When I said that she slapped my hand away continuing on with her daydreaming.

"Fine whatever suits you" I looked down at the books and started solving the questions, when I flipped the page I saw a small note.

'Another date? Tomorrow ;)' this is Jae's handwriting, my heart fluttered at the small gesture and wrote yes, grabbing one of his books I put it on the first page.

He came back after helping the lady and Amelia got out of her trance and continued solving, Jae opened the book I put the paper in when he saw it he flashed me a smile, I blushed and looked away.

"Love birds I'm trying to solve problems here!" Amelia said it in an irritated tone but you can see the smile in her eyes.

"Shut up you'll experience it soon" I nudged her playfully.

After two hours or so we finished our reading session, Jae walked us both home insisting that girls shouldn't walk back home at night.

Well we are independent but it's nice to have someone you can rely on even in the smallest of things.

When I got home my parents weren't there maybe a night out with their friends, thank god I'm sure you know how I feel they always have that one friend who always showers you with kisses and tells you that you've grown so much when the last time they saw you was two weeks ago.

My parents do these night outs with friends every two weeks each time at someone's house or out in a restaurant, and all of them bring their kids.

And since I'm the oldest my night isn't that enjoyable, I'm tasked with the kids and if I complain it's either a slap in the face or a long scolding and being grounded for a week.

I went to sleep early since all that studying drained me, the test is in mid April and now it's 14th of March so about a month more of torture.

When I woke in the morning I saw that Jae has texted me the details about the date it said
'Meet at the park when school finishes get ready to meet the starts'

I scrunched my nose up with confusion, meet the stars? I stayed staring at the phone for a while then left it alone, the house was silent I walked around looking for my parents but I couldn't find them

where could they be? Maybe they slept out?

I ate the breakfast I made, and backed my backpack with extra stuff, I'll leave my books at school, I texted Amelia and Jae also leaving a note to my parents since they wouldn't pick up the phone and went on with my way.

I finished school and it was tiring I almost slept mid class, leaving my books in school I said goodbye to Amelia and headed to the park.

I dashed to where Jae was standing he greeted me with a smile.

"Where are we going?" I asked out of breath.

He laughed and answered "like I said to meet the stars"

"Your no fun, tell me" I said stomping my foot.

"I'll tell you but first we gotta board the train" Jae was hesitating but grabbed my hand eventually and it was warm, I blushed upon the contact and stayed silent while he walked me to the train.

"Sorry for that just don't wanna lose you in this big crowd" Jae said tightening his grip on my hand.

"Don't be I actually like it" I whispered to him, Jae couldn't help but smile so he asked
"Can I also do this?"
He lifted both of our hands bringing mine close to his face and kissing it lightly.

I was overwhelmed with emotions I hid my head in his chest and slapped it lightly, he started chuckling.

He chuckled! I'll kill him for it.

We boarded the train and finally got seats, when we sat down drowsiness took over me and I started yawning left and right covering my mouth with my other hand.

Jae saw this and told me to sleep on his shoulder, I declined but he insisted and so I got my self comfortable and rested my head on his shoulder slowly drifting into sleep. I could feel Jae rubbing his fingers on my hand, helping me sleep better.

He woke me up when the train stopped and we got off. I was still a bit dizzy when we got off so Jae took me to a nice cafe where we ate a serving of Cubano Sandwiches.

We finished eating this time me and him shared the bill, I can't let him pay everything there has to be equality.

We got in a taxi and it drove us to an observatory, now I finally understand what it means to meet the stars
---------------------
Sorry it took long to update I'll try to update more frequently, hope you enjoyed the chapter❤️