Chapter Five

The coldness of January have passed and came February greeting with the warm sun few weeks passed during them, they bonded and now Meeray can talk like a normal person with him.

Meeray and Jae were at the convenience store tidying up and unboxing the new boxes and dumping the others.

Some were heavy so Jae and Meeray would team to finish them, there were some difficulties because Meeray's hair was bugging her.

Because it was long it kept falling down on her face, and she hated her hair she always had insecurities about it.

Her hair is curly, long and has that frizz.

"I hate my hair"Meeray let a sigh.

"Why do you hate it?"asked Jae which made Meeray jump.

"Did I say that out loud?" Jae nodded at her question.

"No reason"
"Come on tell me"

"Well it's curly which is good but is also frizzy and..." she went silent not confident in herself.

Jae motioned towards Meeray and looked straight into her eyes and that made her shift her gaze away from him.

"Come on look at me and tell ".

" I don't have confidence in my self, I think that most people out there hate me and even I hate my self how do I expect anyone to like me when even I don't like the way I am"

Meeray said that still looking to the side tears brimming her eyes, she expected Jae to comfort her but she got more.

Jae held her hands in his brought her close to him and whispered "Meeray let me tell you a little secret, most guys including myself don't care about the hair so your beautiful no matter what"

"And I think everyone thinks that way I mean there's too many times when people go out with a nest on their head but do you care? No you keep moving on with your life forgetting about them"

Upon hearing this she smiled and began blushing until she became a tomato, enjoying the hand contact.

They stood like that for a minute until Meeray removed hers and thanked him.

"Your getting off in an hour anything you need help with?"

"Yeah help me solve math this subject is gonna be my demise" she said grumpily and crossing her hands.

Jae chuckled at her and sat down to help.

"My time is up thanks Jae!"

"Your welcome you're improving in math keep this pace up and won't need anyone's help"

"Haha I won't be sure about that, bye" They waved goodbye and walked off.

After she went Jae slapped himself remembering that he wanted to ask her out, since they got to know each other more.
I'll ask her tomorrow, how can I forget I'm such an idiot.

Looking at the clock it was 7 o'clock, Meeray called Amelia to meet up at the mall.

"Hey girl what do you wanna do? Still want to cut your hair?"

"Yes but no I wanna cut it a bit to remove the split ends"

"Oooooh who made you change your mind? Does he start with the letter J? Is he that handsome guy at the store? Hmm I wonder"

Meeray pushed Amelia away from her and her silliness laughing while at it.

"Come on girl then I'm changing my haircut because the last one sucked"

They did their hair, ate and checked the shops if there is anything new when they finished its was 10:30.

"Noooo if my dad finds out I'm gonna be hit again I have to hurry home sorry Amelia"

She couldn't even hear her bestfriend's reply because she dashed all the way home, when she got there hell was waiting for her.

Her father was sitting at the staircase looking angry tapping his foot waiting for her to arrive.

The minute he saw her he stood and grabbed her by the hair "why are you late? Hanging around clubs doing drugs behind my back?" He said shouting

"None of that father, I was with Amelia"

"Oh that troubling kid you and her always making trouble, the way she talk bugs me she's a bad influence"

"Don't say that! She's my best friend and she was a better family than you"Meeray thrashed in his arms.

He slapped her again"what did I say about talking back!"

"I wasn't talking back I was saying the truth, you horrible person she NEVER did anything to you and your bad mouthing her"

Her father hit her hard making her cry for help, her mother saw them and screamed at her husband.

"DANIEL THATS ENOUGH !" Meeray's mother went to her daughter to help get up but was stopped by Daniel.

"You're helping her Vanessa?! Didn't you see the way she talked to me, you and your daughter are worthless pieces of trash"

Vanessa stood in front of her husband buckling up courage and slapped as hard as she could.

"What happened to you? Did you go crazy? That's your daughter too first it was Pickering now abuse? GET OUT I DONT WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE!"

"YOU DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO WOMAN"

Her parents continued shouting at each other fighting, she took that opportunity to flee, she didn't want to hear more and got out of the house.

Calling Amelia but couldn't reach her, she debated about what she's going to do and finally called Jae.

H-hell-o? Jae it's me Meeray" she said sniffling
"Ca-an you meet me a-at the park next to the sto-re?"

Jae replied quickly and rushed out of his house to meet her, he saw her sitting at a bench sobbing, sniffling and hiccuping.

He did what thought was best he hugged her, Meeray cried in his arms for a long time.

Jae knows about her being hit he noticed a few marks on her and how she talks about her parents.

"Shh it's okay Meeray I'm here with you please stop crying" he brushed her hair nervously not knowing what to do to calm her down.

Meeray calmed down after a few minutes of him talking, she lifted her head to see him. Jae saw her eyes, eyes full of misery.

"Wanna tell me what happened? Or should I just stay quite?"

"It's it's my-y parents they are fighting because of me, my dad he keeps hitting me, saying I'm worthless and bad mannered"

Jae removed her hair out of her face "I'm sorry"

"What are you sorry for it's not your fault"

"I should have met you sooner" he whispered.
She heard his words and felt warm inside.

"I don't know what to do I honestly don't know what to say I'm afraid I would hurt your feelings" Meeray could feel the sincerity in his words, he wasn't pitying her he actually care.

"Do nothing and just listen to me blabbing which I'm sorry for"

"Don't be I'm here for you honest and I can even pinky swear to it!"he said in a squeaky voice.

She laughed at his silliness but he was serious and held out his pinky, they did the move and went silent after that sitting on the bench under a lamppost's light.

Jae was shifting in his place due to nervousness, Meeray looked at him questionably.

"Can I ask you a question?" He asked
"Yes what is it?"
"Would you go out with me?"
----------------
Thank you for reading❤️
Have a nice day!.