Chapter Three

Meeray and Amelia headed off to the convenience store hoping that the guy was there, and he was.

Meeray started sweating and breathing unevenly because she's awkward with new people, she starts stuttering every time she speaks a word.

Amelia calmed her down holding her hand, saying stuff to sooth her, but what they didn't know that Jae noticed them and that he is watching them closely.

While Jae was watching the exchange a woman in her thirties entered the store and he went to help her. This has given Meeray the chance to talk to him indirectly.

Amelia pushed Meeray ushering her to go, when Meeray entered the store Jae was finishing up with the woman so Meeray went to the back and hid herself.
"Come again Ms.Allen, have a nice day"
"Thank you Jae and I see you've gotten taller, what a handsome young man you are"said Ms.Allen in a giggly way.

So his name is Jae thought Meeray while she was distracted in thought land she didn't notice That Jae was behind her.

"How may I help you?" Said Jae with a smile.
"Oh wha- oww" Meeray backed up frightened and hit the shelf, causing things to fall out.

I hate my clumsiness, she bent down to clean up but was stopped by Jae.

"Ah don't I'm sorry I scared you, leave it I'll clean this its my fault for scaring you".
"I um I..."
"What? Come on go I'll clean this don't ruin your pretty clothes"

Meeray eyes widened at that compliment but nodded and went to the cashiers disk putting the cake and the umbrella on it, there she kept on hitting herself for her clumsiness while waiting.

When Jae finished he went back to the desk, saw her hitting herself so he cleared his throat to grab her attention.

"So... Are you okay?" Asked her Jae concerned remembering last night.
"W-What?"
"About last night I assume you arrived home safely?"
"Ah-h yes I did t-thank you for asking" Meeray started stuttering again so she calmed herself.

"That's why I came here, I wanted to thank you for your-r help yesterday and brought your umbrella and a thank you gift" Meeray said with a small voice.

She handed him the umbrella and the cakes shaking.
"But you didn't have to thank me who would've left a girl alone in the rain without food or an umbrella" said Jae scratching his neck nervously.

"Still thank you" Meeray wanted the conversation to last longer to talk to him more, get to know him.

She looked around the room and noticed his uniform he's a high schooler while she's still in junior high.

"Do you attend Broncowood highschool?"
"Yep I guess you saw my uniform"

"Yeah, how is it there I'm thinking of signing up for it and doing the exam!"

"It's great there we have almost everything equipped, your 16 right? I gotta tell you the exam is hard you gotta study real hard for it, and if you need help you can come to me" Jae said to her.
"I'll bring you the singing papers to here if you want and I'll show you everything you need to know and buy, does this sound good to you?"

"Y-yes it does thanks a lot, um bye!" Meeray said rushing out of the door after she had consumed every bit of courage she had to talk to him.

"Wait, can I know your name? I'm Jae by the way" shouted Jae after her.

"I'm Meeray nice to meet you Jae" she smiled noticing how his name fit.

Jae went back inside smiling after getting to know her name while Meeray reached Amelia who was extremely happy.
"Spill everything, what happened in there why did you hit the shelf!"
"Wait let me calm down first" after she had calmed down they walked home discussing what happened.
"So you got scared and embarrassed yourself in front of him, and got him to run after you just to know your name?!" Meeray nodded.

"Girl! This is so cute, are you really gonna try and enter that school?"

"I don't know but if I want to talk to him more I guess I should".

"Honey we are going to enter! That school has the hottest guys and the smartest ones, oh boy it's going to be a tough one" Amelia said that when they reached the place where they usually separate.
"But he's gonna help me sign up and everything tomorrow, you have to come"
"I will goodbye Mee see you tomorrow"
"Bye! See ya"

Meeray arrived to her house glad that no one is home, she jumped on her bed thinking about everything that happened.

That conversation was the first one she ever initiated on her own with a stranger since forever, this made her jump up and down on her bed screaming in joy. I guess today is a good day.
----------------
Thank you for reading!❤️
Have a great day.