Three Tied Souls

Third Person's POV

As always, sitting on a swing in the playground in Suna, waited the most rambunctious boy in the village. That is where he sat every morning at 6:30 with his golden-haired dog on the ground next to him.

People always passed by him and thought of the Hokage. Blonde hair, blue eyes, a loud knucklehead; it was almost impossible not to compare the two. The only thing differentiating him from the Hokage were the red fangs painted underneath his eyes, signifying he was indeed an Inuzuka by blood. Not by name, however....

Yoshi Ito. His dog: Hashiro.

"Beehive!" He shouted once his eyes met with the friend he was waiting for.

Pale, grey eyes and brown hair. Calm, quiet and emotionless. She didn't look like she belonged in the desert of Suna, but she did. Ironically, she always wore a small butterfly pin in her hair. Someone like her wasn't expected to wear something so frail and sweet.

Everything, or atleast just what was visible, made people think she was either surly, arrogant or strange. She wasn't any of those...

Ruri of the Sand.

He smiled at her, and she returned the gesture with a smirk. They were opposites, but they were also best friends.

"Catch." She tossed a granola bar at the boy, while sitting down on the swing next to him.

"Here's my half of breakfast." Yoshi said, handing her a small bottle of apple juice. They both always ate breakfast before going to the academy together.

The swings was their spot to sit and enjoy the other's company. It was their special place.

Ruri's POV

"So, are you ready for today?" Yoshi asked me. He was referring to the fact that we were going to be placed in our Genin teams. I tugged at the Suna headband that was tied loosely around my neck. Then I looked over to his, which was tied to his left arm.

"I think we'll be just fine." I answered honestly, petting Hishiro's head. He wasn't a small puppy anymore, but he wasn't huge either. He went up to my knees, growing at the same pace as Yoshi, who was taller than me.

"Aren't you the slightest bit worried?" Yoshi stressed, and I shook my head. He stared at me in both disbelief and annoyance."What if I'm placed with a teacher who is a jerk and hates me! What if my teammates are actually S-Rank criminals in disguise? What if-"

"You'd shut up." I finished for him."Will the world stop turning?"

He glared at me playfully, then rubbed the back of his head sheepishly,"I guess I am overreacting a bit..."

Sure, a bit... I rolled my eyes at him. He looked at his watch,"Well, we have ten minutes to get to the Academy, so...... Race ya!" He pushed me off the swing, dashing away, his companion right behind him.

"Cheater...." I muttered under my breath before getting up and running after him.

**********

Yoshi was already inside the classroom when I got to the academy. I lost, only because he cheated, though. Me and Yoshi weren't competitive with each other at all, we just enjoyed racing. It was merely fun to just run through the streets and come up with creative ways to hold the other back from claiming victory.

I looked at Yoshi in his spot at the back of the class. He smirked at me in triumph, and I was about to walk over to him until someone got in my way.