~The One Where They Meet~

⚠️
Zayn's POV

"Zayn this is Louis. Louis this is Zayn." Amy says gesturing to me and the boy on the other side of the room. From what I could tell, he has dark hair and light skin. He waves at me and I realize his arm, mainly his wrist, is bandaged. But that doesn't stop me from waving back with a small smile. Louis has someone sitting next to him.

"We'll let you guys get to know each other. If you need anything just push that button and a nurse will help come help you." Thomas points to a button.

"And visiting hours are over for all non-relatives. I'm sorry." Amy adds, looking at Louis' friend. After that, they left.

"That's my cue to leave. Bye, Lou. Love you." The light-haired boy says. I, in a non-creepy way, watch as he hugs Louis and kisses him on the cheek. And, as he leaves, he stops and turns to me.

"I'm Niall by the way. You'll see my here a lot. Bye." He states and leaves.

"Is he your boyfriend?" I ask Louis. I don't really are that I seem nosey. It's who I am as a person.

"No, he's just my best friend." I wasn't expecting his voice to be so high-pitched. But it's soothing. I could listen to him talk all day. Okay, that sounds a little weird. "So, what are you hear for?" He questions.

"I, um.." As I try to find the words to say, my eyes wonder downward as I break eye contact. "Well I finally called the cops on my abusive boyfriend. And they decided that I should be here." I look back up to Louis and see that he has empathy running across his face. "You don't have to feel bad for me." I say quietly.

"Was he your soulmate? Did you see all the colours?" He asked a few minutes later. I nod my head. I wish I could still see them. "Really!? What's it like?"

"It's nice. There's a lot of different colours. It kinda knocks the wind out of you. Really a lot to take in and actually understand because you realise that you can see things that others don't and that you've found your soulmate. It's a bit overwhelming in my opinion." I explain. Louis nods his head, understanding what I was explaining.

"I wish I could find my soulmate. That's actually part of the reason why I'm here..." He holds his bandaged wrist in his opposite hand and I notice that the other wrist is wrapped up too. "I tried to commit suicide. It's a long story but to sum it up, I was told by multiple people that I deserve to die. And I believed them. I started to tell myself the same things. Last week I tried bleeding to death. But Niall was able to call an ambulance in time to save me." Louis finishes with a small smile.

I felt really bad for Louis. He seemed like such a great and fun guy. What kind of moron would tell him that no one could love him?

"I tried to cut myself a while ago, but my boyfriend found me and told me that if he ever found out I was doing it again, he would kill me himself. I didn't listen and a few days later, today actually, he caught me in the bathroom." Louis was about to say something but there was a knock on the door and my mum walked in.

"Oh, my little Zaynie! I am so sorry." She exclaims and hugs me tightly, letting go a little when I let out a groan of pain.

"Hi, mum." I whispered. When she was finished suffocating me, she pulls over a chair and sits down. "Um, Louis, this is my mum. Mum, this is Louis." My mum waves.

"So I talked to the doctor who's going to be taking care of you." My mom grabs my hand. "She said she's going to do a complete evaluation tomorrow morning because she wants you to rest right now." I nod slowly, not exactly looking forward being evaluated. I notice my mum has tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, mum." I say quietly. "I should've listened." She shakes her head.

"It's not your fault, baby. You wanted to believe he was a good guy. Honestly, I shouldn't have let you move in with him." We stay silent for a few minutes. I can feel her eyes scanning my arms, looking at every single bruise and cut; new wounds over old scars. "What did he do to you?" I hear her whisper to herself.

"When I get out of here, can I move in with you? I don't think I can go back there."

"Of course, Zayn."