~The One With the Colors~

Zayn's POV

"Oh my god," I say to myself. I slowly start to walk into the room, not believing what is right in front of me. Carefully, I reach for and pick up one of my paintings. "Do you see this?" I ask Louis.

"See what?" He seems confused. Well I am too. The cannot be possible. "Is it ruined? Not that it looks bad- it's amazing. Well I don't know what it looked like before but it looks great now, to me. To you it may look bad, but it's not-"

"You're rambling, love," I say without looking at him. I am too engrossed in my paintings. "This is so weird."

"What is so weird about them?"

"They're in color!" It's true. I see every single painting, drawing, sketch, and whatever else I made, in color.

"What!?" Louis exclaims. "How is that possible? Your ex isn't here and you don't see the colors when we touch. How are you seeing them now?"

"I don't see the colors everywhere. Just on the canvases." I put down the painting I'm holding and turn to face Louis. "I don't get how this is possible."

Just then an idea comes to me.

"Do you think that if we touch, I'll be able to see more in color?" I question. Louis ponders it for a few seconds before shrugging and saying, "Let's try it." With that I close my eyes and reach for his hand. Awkwardly, it takes me a couple tries to get it and I hear Louis laughing at me lightly. Once I have his hand, I open my eyes slowly and look around briefly.

I am not entirely shocked when the room is in black and white. However, I am surprised that now all the paintings are also in black and white. I turn back to Louis and notice that his eyes are closed.

Aw. How cute.

I slip my hand out of his and watch as all the colors of the paintings come back.

"So what happened?" Louis' hands are right back behind his back. He's too adorable.

"They, um, all turned black and white." I avoid eye contact with Louis by looking around the room again. Wait a second... "This is strange," I say mostly to myself. I walk over to the bottles of paint and notice that they're all in black and white.

"Come here." I wave Louis over. I tell him to keep his eyes open as I take his hand in mine. "Do these have color?" He nods.

"Do you see these in color too?"

"No. And that's why I'm confused. Can I only see the paint when it's on a canvas?" I'm not necessarily looking for an actual answer to the question, but Louis seems to be working for one when he points out a blank canvas in the corner of the room.

I quickly go over and pick it up then I replace an unfinished painting on the easel with the blank. I take Louis' hand once more and ask him to pick out a color. He hands me the paint of his choice and takes a step back. I pour a bit of the paint on my palette, pick up a brush and dip it into the paint, and swipe the brush across the canvas.

"Woah." Across the canvas is a strip of green. Yes, I can see the green! After a few minutes of celebrating with Louis on this newfound discovery, we finally calm down and get to work.

"Okay so this is the last room I need to pack up. I'm going to get boxes and you just stay here and look pretty." I press a quick kiss to his cheek before exiting the room. I almost immediately regret not bringing Louis with me.

I wrap my arms around my self as I walk the the destruction zone; also known as the living room. I shudder as I walk past a fist-sized hole in the wall. That fist, however, was aimed at my face, but I was lucky enough to dodge out of the way just in time. That didn't put an end to his beating, though. If anything it only dragged it on by a couple extra slaps and whatnot. He had an extra beer that night.

I shake myself out of my thoughts when I find the boxes I'm looking for. I pick them up and quickly walk back to the small and almost impossibly colorful room.

"These are truly beautiful, Zayn." I thank him and notice the particular drawing he has in his hand. It's a picture of a black silhouette of a couple holding hands, and they're surrounded by a city filled with many colors, and in the sky I wrote something in Urdu. "What does this mean?"

"Until the flower of this love has blossomed, this heart won't be at peace. Give me your heart."

•••
A couple hours later

"And that is the last box," Louis announces as he closes the back of my car.

"Thank you so much for helping me with this." I wrap my arms around his waist from behind him and stuff my face into his neck. He laughs at me, saying how cute I am, before turning around in my arms. He drapes his arms around my shoulders and puckers his lips, asking for a kiss. I oblige, giving him a quick peck.

"So I was thinking that since I made you slave away all day here, the least I could do is take you out to dinner. Would you like that?"

"I would love that." Louis smiles at me so wide, I can't help but smile back. We pull apart from each other and get into my car.

I take Louis out to a nice restaurant where we spend a couple hours talking, laughing, and eating the amazing food. After that we take a short stroll though the park near the restaurant. Finally we arrive back to our apartment complex where I drop Louis off at his apartment. We bid our good nights with a long and passionate kiss.

I can safely say that this was one of the best days of my life.

I can also safely say that I'm falling in love with Louis, and fast.