~The One Where He Asks a Question~

⚠️
A few days later
Zayn's POV

It's been a couple days since my date with Louis. We haven't seen each other, despite living in the same complex, but we have been texting nonstop.

From: Lou💕
12:36pm
omg niall n harry are so annoying they just left me because they found a coupon for a pizza place.

I chuckle a bit at that. Louis told me he was staying at Niall's house. I hate to admit it, but I'm a little jealous. I mean, of course I didn't expect him to ask to stay with me. Louis has known Niall for forever and he has only known me for a little over a month.

To: Lou💕
that sucks !! u can come over my place if u want

From: Lou💕
12:38pm
i might just take u up on that 😃

To: Lou💕
sweet ! im apt 504

From: Lou💕
12:39pm
ok i'll b there soon

Okay Louis is coming over. Wait.

LOUIS IS COMING OVER!

Shit, I look like shit. I quickly jump out of bed and to the bathroom connected to my room. I quickly brush my teeth then immediately being fixing my hair. I've just been lounging around in my boxers all day, y'know, because I can.

Once I'm satisfied with my hair I walk out of my bathroom and make my way to the dresser. I pull out a fresh pair of boxers and sweatpants. As soon as I pull the sweatpants up I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in," I call. The door opens and there stands the most beautiful man on the planet: Louis. "Hey." I smile widely at him. I open my arms for a hug and Louis walks into me, wrapping his arms around my waist and tucking his head into my neck. He lets out a muffled 'I missed you'. I chuckle lightly at him. "It's only been a couple days." He lifts his head up and looks at me.

"Yeah I know, but a couple days with Niall is like five hundred years," he exaggerates as he groans and rolls his head back. I playfully kiss the exposed underside of his chin. "Those lips. They felt so foreign, yet so familiar. I must know more about them," Louis says before puckering his lips and leaning in. I give him a quick kiss then pull back.

"Go sit." I gesture to my bed. Louis reluctantly pulls away from me and walks over to my bed. I pick up the shirt I picked out and put it on. I turn around and notice Louis staring at me.

"You didn't have to put that shirt on." He smirks. I shake my head at him as I sit down with my back against my pillows. I crisscross my legs and Louis does the same so that our knees are touching. We talk for hours about some of the most random things until I suddenly remember something.

"What's today's date," I ask.

"Um," Louis takes out his phone, "It is Wednesday the 18th."

"Shit."

"What's wrong?"

"I have court in two days. I really don't want to go, but I need to. I need to do this for myself." Louis reassuringly puts his hand on my knee.

"Do you know what he's being charged with?"

"He's being charged with... assault and conspiracy to murder." Louis nods. "I'm not really sure how they're going to get him with that but my lawyer told me to trust the system and let the evidence do its magic. For the evidence I have photos of my self and the house, hospital bills, receipts for all the alcohol he purchased, papers from my many clinic trips, and... other stuff. I'm waiting for a text from my lawyer to see if it's all accepted."

"I don't see why it wouldn't be accepted."

"I'm just worried about testifying. I heard that he has an amazing lawyer who almost never loses." I play with Louis' fingers, trying to distract myself. However, Louis grabs both of my hands in his one hand and uses the other to life up my chin. I know he wants me to look him in the eye, just can't. He might know that I'm not telling him everything. I just avert my eyes to his nose.

It's so cute, I think to myself.

"Zayn, look at me." My eyes flick from his nose, up to his eyes, and back down again. I repeat this pattern involuntarily a couple times before finally settling them in one place; staring straight into his eyes. "You are going to win this. That bastard is going to prison. He will pay for what he did to you."

I nod along to what he is saying. I really want to believe it's all true, but I can't. As much as I want him to be held accountable for his actions, I just have this gut feeling that it will not happen.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore."

"Well, what do you want to do instead," Louis asks.

"I'm not sure. I kinda wanna sleep, I kinda wanna make out, I kinda wanna go for a run, I kinda wanna watch Netflix, I kinda wanna chill..." I trail off because Louis breaks out in laughter.

"Make out, Netflix, and chill," Louis says between laughs. "I think I like where this is going." I wink at him. Louis, in response to my wink, lunges himself at me and pins me down to bed. His legs are straddling my hips with his knees by my waist and he's holding my arms down at my sides.

"Is that all you got?" I question him before I muster just enough energy to flip us over. Except now I am holding his arms above his head with one hand. I'm using the other hand to hold myself up so I'm hovering over him. He glares at me and in return I give him a huge smile. We hold each other's gaze for a moment before we burst out laughing. I roll off of him to the other side of my bed.

"You're so annoying," Louis says quietly. He, however, shuffles closer to me and props his head up on this hand, leveling his head just above mine.

"If by 'annoying' you mean extremely funny and amazing, then yes. I am annoying."

"That's exactly what I meant," he whispers as he leans down and captures my lips in his own. I hum in agreement and kiss him back instantly. Our lips move together in sync and they increase in speed as we pull each other closer. One thing leads to another and Louis is somehow straddling me again. His hands tangle in my hair as I wrap my arms around his waist, pulling his body closer to mine. He glides his tongue across my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I oblige and slack my jaw enough to where my lips part and he slips his tongue into my mouth.

We kiss like that for a long time until he breathlessly pulls alway enough to where our lips are just brushing against each other's and whispers, "Be my boyfriend?"