~The One With the Door~

⚠️
Louis' POV

"Wait," I say before we start to walk away. "Let me grab some pain killers. You said I should be getting a headache soon, right?" Zayn nods. I turn and quickly unlock the door and put the key back on top of the door frame. I grab Zayn's hand, instantly seeing all the colors pop up, and lead him into my apartment.

Luckily, Niall had come over here during my time at the hospital and cleaned up the place. I had left it an utter mess; flipped furniture in the living room, broken vases in the kitchen/dining room, papers thrown everywhere around the apartment, clothes scattered around into bedrooms, and a literal bloody mess in the bathroom.

It wasn't pretty.

But, then again, was attempted suicide ever pretty?

"Welcome to my humble abode. Please, make yourself at home." I gesture towards the living room. As he makes his way in there, I walk down the short hallway and stop at the bathroom door. I take a moment to recognize the strange feeling arising in the pit of my stomach.

Fear?

Anxiety?

Nerves?

I am not sure what I'm feeling, but I do not like it. I can't help but imagine that this may be how Niall felt before he found me next to dead, bleeding out onto the floor. It almost feels like if I open the door, I will see myself dead. It's hard to explain, mostly because I do not quite understand it myself.

"Hey, Louis?" Zayn's voice snaps me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I'm not lying, I do feel fine, aside from the slight nausea I'm experiencing. "Why?"

"Because you've starring at that door for about seven minutes now." Has it really been seven minutes? Wow.

"I can't go in there," I whisper. It's mostly to myself, but I guess Zayn heard me.

"Is this the bathroom?" I nod. "Is it still all-" I cut him off.

"No, it's clean." I pause. "I'm scared." For the first time during this conversation, I face Zayn and look him in the eye. I see the deep frown etched on Zayn's face through my tear-blurred eyes. I allow my tears to fall as I look down at the floor. "I'm sorry."

"Nonono, you don't need to apologize, Lou," Zayn says as he walks closer and stands in front of me; standing between me and the door. He places a single finger under my chin and lifts my head up. "C'mon. Don't cry, love." He uses the pads of his thumbs to wipe away my tears.

My heart flutters at his use of the word love. This causes the corners of my lips to turn up in a bashful smile. I guess Zayn notices this as he gives me a soft smile before placing a quick kiss onto my lips. He wraps his arms around my shoulders. I hug him back with my arms around his middle.

"Thank you," I'm not exactly sure what I'm thanking him for. "For everything."

"You don't have to thank me, Lou." He pulls back a bit, allowing me to look into his eyes.

"Yeah, but I want to. I know I haven't known you for long, but you are already the most altruistic person I've ever met." And I'm falling in love with you. Wait, what?

I've only known Zayn for like a month! How could I possibly be falling in love with him!? Yes, it is true that he is the kindest and most caring person I've ever met, with exception of my family. And, yes, he is extremely attractive. But it almost seems impossible to be in love already. He's probably not even thinking about-

"Love?" My thoughts are interrupted by Zayn. Did he just say 'love'? Was I talking out loud? Shit.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I asked you if you would want me to get the painkillers for you? Since you can't go in there?"

Okay, it's official. I'm falling in love with him, with this perfect man right here.

"That would be amazing," I say. "I'll be in the kitchen." I unwrap my arms from him as he does the same and I walk to the kitchen. I sit on top of the counter because what's a chair am I right? I feel a little dizzy. It's probably from the upcoming headache.

I take my phone out of my pocket and send it quick text to Niall thanking him again for cleaning up the place. Within no time Zayn returns with the small bottle of pain relievers.

"Thank you," I say as I take the bottle and put it into my jacket pocket. Zayn stands in front of me with a slightly confused look on his face. "What's with the face?"

"It's nothing," he says with a smile. "Just trying to figure out why you're so cute." He leans towards me and presses his lips against mine. I press back my lips back against his quickly then push him away by his shoulders a few seconds later.

"I'm not cute," I pout. I cross my arms and slouch, glaring up at Zayn. He reaches his right hand up towards my face, but I grab his hand before he has the chance to do anything.

"Aw, c'mon. How did you know what I was gonna do?"

"You're predictable." I shrug. "And very, very hot in color."