~The One Where He Realizes~

⚠️
Louis' POV

"So he just flatlined?" Niall asks, for the fourth time.

"Yes." I run my hands over my face. "A nurse told me that they were going to run tests on him and possibly do surgery if necessary, but that was over three hours ago. How long does it take to run tests!?" My eyes start tearing again and my hands are in fists.

"Louis you need to calm down. You're going to give yourself a heart attack." I glare at him. "Okay, not the right phrase. But, seriously, chill." I take a deep breath and close my eyes for a moment.

"You're right. I'm sorry." I open my eyes again and run my fingers through my hair. "I don't even know why I'm so worked up over this."

"Are you sure you guys aren't soulmates," he asks. I nod slowly and ask why. "I'm just thinking: I acted the same way as you when I first met Harry; even before I found out we were soulmates. I had, and kinda still do have, this overwhelming need to make sure he's okay. I spent almost every second of everyday wondering what he was doing and if he was okay. When I confronted him about it, he told me that he felt the same way. That's how we found out we're soulmates."

"Wow. You never told me about that. So what do you think I should do?"

"Confront him; ask him if he's been feeling like that."

We sit in a comfortable silence for a couple minutes after that until a nurse comes in and holds the door open for a couple of other nurses as they push a bed in.

"How is he?" I ask once they have the bed placed in its original spot. I look at Zayn and see that he's unconscious; he's sleeping.

"Mr. Malik had some internal bleeding. Doctors were able to find the source and stop the bleeding. He should be awake soon." One of the nurses explain. I thank him and he leaves. As he walks out, my nurse walks in.

"Hello Mr. Tomlinson. I was just informed that you've switched to new counseling days. Are you ready to go?"

"Uh," I glance at Zayn, "yeah. Just, um," I turn towards Niall, "Stay here with him?" Niall nods. "Okay, I'm ready."

"Okay! Let's go then." She quickly sets up the wheelchair, since my legs still aren't good enough for walking, and helps me sit in it. We make the not so far journey to Dr. Naylor's office.

"Good morning, Louis," Dr. Naylor greets as the nurse leaves the room. I'm sat on what one would call a typical therapy couch. Dr. Naylor is across from me in a normal therapist chair. "How are you today?"

"Confused."

"And why is that?" He starts writing something down on his notepad.

"You've met your soulmate, right?" He nods. "How did you know? I don't mean the colors. Like did you have any feelings toward your soulmate before you knew you were soulmates?"

"Well that was a while ago but I believe I felt very protective over her, if I'm remembering correctly. It was almost as if I've known her for a long time and only wanted the best for her. It's wasn't until a bit after we got married did she reveal that she felt the same, felt the same protectiveness." He smiles to himself, probably remembering the conversation taking place. "Why are you asking?"

"I think my roommate here might be my soulmate. But I don't think it's possible," I state.

"What makes you think that it's not possible?"

"He has already found his soulmate. He's here because his soulmate was abusing him. And I don't think it's possible for one person to have two soulmates, at least that's what it says in the Great Book."

"Let me be honest with you, Louis. I think the Great Book is full of garbage." He pauses to note my reaction. I nod and let him continue. "I prefer to think we'd be better off in a world where people get to really look for their soulmates, not basically have them handed over. Like how they use to do it several centuries ago. Trial and error was how people found their soulmates and it let them build character, figure out who they are as an individual. That's the world I'd like to live in."

"That world sounds great. Could people have more than one soulmate in that world?" He nods. "Wow. What were we thinking about ever changing that!?"

"Well, possibly because a lot of people couldn't find their soulmates, they were depressed and often gave up. Very similar to your case."

"Great so even in a different world I would end up in a hospital," I mutter.