~The One Where They Go on a Date~

Two weeks later
Zayn's POV

"So, tell me about yourself."

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything," I smile at him. "I want to know every single thing there is to know about you."

Louis and I are currently on our first date; it's like a brunch. I was released from the hospital three days ago and Louis was able to leave yesterday, so we decided to go on a date today. We have also found out that he lives in the same apartment complex as my mum! What are the odds!?

"Can you be a little more specific? Or at least give me a place to start."

"Birth." We both burst out laughing. What I said wasn't really funny, but we don't care. "Okay, okay. Um... how about you're happiest moment?"

"Well it was this one morning. I woke up to something shaking me, there was this guy in my bed, and keep in mind I had very little memory of the night before, and I was like 'how the fuck did this happen?' But then I looked at him, he looked kinda weird. Then I realized, he's not in black and white! Things were going great until he seemed like he was going to kiss me, but didn't, and then, you know, the headache."

"One, you scared me with beginning of that. Two, I kiss on the first date, not before the first date." I wink at him.

"Well can we speed this date up then?"

"Slow down, hotshot. We've got all day."

"Well then. Can I ask you a question," he asks. I nod and he continues. "When you met your ex, did you feel a need to make sure he was okay? Like did you constantly worry about him?"

"Yeah, I did. I don't really now though. The only thing I worry about, relating to him, is that I have to see him in court next week." I shrug. Louis reaches across the table, offering his hand, and closes his eyes.

"Give me your hand." I oblige and place my hand in his. He gives it a squeeze.

"You know you don't have to close your eyes when we touch." I smile at him and he smiles back, even without seeing me.

"I know, but I want to wait until we kiss."

"You're amazing." I pull my hand away, so Louis can open his eyes, but he grabs my hand again.

"I have spent the last month getting to know you from opposite sides of a room. Expect me to be holding onto you as much as humanly possible." He chuckles lightly as he rubs his thumb against my knuckles in a soothing manner. I guess he can tell that I'm nervous about seeing my ex in court.

"I have a question."

"I may have an answer."

"So you obviously know that I have to go to court, and you can probably tell that I'm nervous," he squeezes my hand. "I was just wondering if you would mind coming with me? Like for moral support?"

"I wouldn't mind at all. I'll always support you." He smiles, but it falters after a few seconds. "That was extremely cheesy. I am so sorry." We laugh. "But seriously, I will always be there for you." He pulls his hand away and opens his eyes. "And that's a promise," he says looking into my eyes.

One hour later•

"I assume we're taking the elevator?"

"You assume correct." He grins at me. Louis has his eyes closed because we're holding hands. I tried to tell him that it would be difficult walking with them closed, but he insisted. So here he is now, walking into the closed elevator door.

"And that's what you get for walking with your eyes closed."

"You could have told me you were stopping." He tries to sound upset but the smile creeping up on his face says otherwise. I squeeze his hand softly as the elevator bell dings. "Oh so now you give me a warning."

"Hush," I say playfully. "What floor?"

"Seven." I press the '7' button on the elevator wall and wait for the doors to close. After a few seconds of elevator silence, Louis asks, "We're definitely kissing when we get to my apartment, right?"

"Definitely," I smile at him, although he can't see me.

"Good because I don't think I can wait much longer." We laugh. Less than a minute later we are out of the elevator. I have to stop Louis from walking into several walls as he leads me to his apartment door. "Is this number 706?" He points to a door.

"Yes."

"We are here!"

"You could have just told me what apartment number you are. Would have avoided three possible concussions." Louis shrugs.

"Yeah yeah. Now kiss me."

"Woah woah, chill. I'm getting there." I laugh lightly at his enthusiasm. "I'm gonna put my hand on your face." He laughs at this. And just because he laughs, I plant my hand right in the middle of his face.

"If this is how you kiss, I think we're going to have a prob-" I cut him off by moving my hand and pressing my lips against his. Louis quickly kisses back.

Not to sound cliché, but there are literal sparks, actual butterflies, perfect feelings. Best kiss I've ever had, and, yes, I've had a few. Too bad it's short lived. We both pull away after a couple seconds, resting our forehead against each other.

"You can open your eyes now," I whisper. Louis slowly flutters open his eyes. "Hello." A huge smile breaks out on his face, causing me to smile widely as well. Louis pulls his head back, I'm assuming to get a better look at me and his surroundings.

"You're hot in color."

"I know." I dramatically flip my nonexistent long hair over my shoulder. Louis laughs lightly at me.

"Do you want to come in," he asks as he reaches to the top of his door frame and takes down a key.

"I'd love to, but I have to go pack up the rest of my things from the house," I sigh.

"Do you want me to go with you?"

"Really?" I don't give him time to respond before I wrap my arms around his shoulders and attempt to squeeze the life out of him. Louis hugs me back with just as much force. "Thank you."