Chapter 2

It's the night before the battle. I feel like I should be more worried about everyone's fates, but I just can't bring myself to care about anyone except the Egyptians, Renesmee, and Garret. All of the witnesses sat on logs still as statues and I sat as still as I could being part human. Jacob dropped the wood in his hands into the fire pit before nodding to Benjamin as he sat down next to the now lit fire.

"That's what I'm talkin about. A little pre-battle bonfire, telling war stories. Or just standing there like freaking statues." Jacob mutters. Garret then speeds over, "Name any American battle, I was there" he thinks for a moment "Little Bighorn" he finally names. "I came this close to biting Custer" He pinches his fingers about an inch and a half away from each other "But the Indians got him first."

"Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople" Kate speeds in and sits on Garrets lap "He didn't win that one on his own."

"If you're talking battles, you're talking the Eleven Years War. Nobody does rebellion like the Irish." One of the Irish coven members joined in, "You lost the Eleven Years' war" I stated. "Aye. But it was one hell of a rebellion." He smirks towards me.

Soon everyone was around the campfire, Valdimir and Stefan had just started telling how the Volturi came into power. "When we ruled, everything came to us. Prey, diplomats, favor seekers. Such was our power. But we never put on white hats and called ourselves saints." Stefan then spoke, "We were honest about what we were."

"We sat still for a very long time. We didn't notice we were starting to petrify." Valdimir continued, before Stefan started again, "Perhaps the Volturi did us a favor when they burned our castles." Valdimir seemed to finish it up as he spoke "We've been waiting 1,500 years to return that favor. We have been ready to do battle for ages."

After their story I decided to turn in for a few hours. I don't need a full eight hours of sleep as I am more vampire than Renesmee but I do need to sleep about three to four hours a day. I suddenly heard a voice in Renesmee's tent call out to me.

"Amara! Amara!" I stopped and turning towards the tent just to see Bella speed in front of me. She looked at me hopefully as I stared emotionlessly, "Amara I have a gift for you, so you always have something to remember me by, no matter what." She said lovingly as she pulled out a beautiful necklace with a flower inside. "Why now? Why act like you care now?" I whisper before glancing up and she looks she had just realized how she treated me my whole life. She grabs my chin gently "Amara, I know I haven't shown it that much, but I love you, I always will." Before putting the necklace around my neck, as soon as she lets my go I speed to my tent without saying goodbye and go to sleep.