Chapter 12

Amara's P.O.V.

Several Months Later

"We are to have a ball!" Aro exclaimed.

"For what occasion, brother?" Caius responded.

"Amara's birthday of course!"

"Already? It seems just yesterday that we were accepting her into our coven."

"Masters," I bowed politely, "There is no need to make a big deal out of my birthday. Please do not feel as though it is something that should be celebrated."

"Of course it should be celebrated Amara! This is your first birthday as a Volturi member. Plus, we need to give you a better birthday than those pesky Cullens." Aro exclaimed.

"With no disrespect Master, I have to disagree with you, there is absolutely no importance in that day. I've never really celebrated my birthday." I have learned to hate September 10th because it has always been the day when everyone expresses their love for Renesmee and forget about me.

"That is quite the shame, dear one. However, you will not be treated that way here. In fact, we do not even need to celebrate on November 11th." Aro said, "What if we celebrated your birthday on November 20th instead?"

"Master, that really isn't necessary."

"Of course it is!" Aro stated, "Brothers, would you fancy a costume ball or a black and white ball?"

"We've never had a costume ball before." Caius responded.

"Then it is settled, we are to have a costume ball on September 20th in celebration of Amara's eighth birthday. Maria, be sure to send invitations to all of the other vampire covens, excluding the Romanians."

At Aro's words the human servant nodded then scurried out of the room with a bow. I got the eerie feeling that I was being watched so I lifted my head to look around the room. Alec's stare caught mine for about ten seconds before I snapped my gaze back to the ground. Ever since Alec cornered me in the hall a few months ago I have avoided him like the plague.

"How is training going Amara?"

Lately I have been immersing myself in training as often as I could. My gift has been much more controlled and her voice isn't in my head as often as it used to be. Maybe training is what I've always needed to calm my internal demon, I just never realized it until now.

"Training has been wonderful masters. I've gained a lot more control over my gift." I grinned.

"That is wonderful to hear! It seems to me that it is time for you to go on your first mission. That is, as long as Felix and Demetri have the same thoughts as you about your training progress." Aro gave the named guard members a scrutinizing gaze.

They both stepped forward and bowed. "She speaks the truth. She still needs to improve her tracking skills, however, her control over her own gift has greatly improved. I believe she may be ready to begin training with the twins."

My blood ran cold. "Th-the twins?"

"Yes, dear. Jane and Alec have mastered their gifts completely. Besides, your gift is most similar to each of theirs in execution. It would benefit you greatly to train with them."

"Your mating bond has been strained lately. Perhaps training with Alec will improve your bond." Marcus adds.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. I stood silently as the masters talked for a few minutes before the doors suddenly slammed open. Four cloaked figures walked into the room giving slight bows before taking their hoods off in sync. The first man had light skin and golden blonde hair. The second one was less like a man and more like a boy. His soft jawline and the way his dark brown hair was styled told me he couldn't be any older then 16. The third had short curly hair and beige skin. The last man had and aura that demanded attention. He had caramel skin and curly black hair.

"Masters, our task has been carried out. We apologize for coming in so suddenly. We regret bringing news that dearest Alina has not made it back from this mission."

Aro stepped forward and grasped the leader of the groups hand. Aro released his hand after a few moments. "My, my, my. Now that is a shame. Dear Alina was discovered by a few of the newborns and they, to say the least, tore her apart. After the unfortunate event, the newborn army was dismantled." The four bowed to the masters before taking their places near the edge of the throne room.

"Oh, you four haven't met Amara! She is the newest member of our coven and she is certainly one of the most valuable." Aro smirked. "Gentlemen, this is Amara Volturi, formerly known as Amara Cullen."

"This is the hybrid child? How extraordinary..."  The boy stated.

"Amara, this is Ace. His gift is telepathy."

'Hello, Amara, I'm Ace. I have a a feeling we will be a great team one day.' I smiled.

"This is Jackson." The blonde stepped forward and gave a unimpressed look. "He has control over fire, or pyrokinesis, in other words." He slightly rolled his eyes at me before stepping back.

The one with short curly hair stepped forward a bit. "This is Zander, he can bring greatest fears to life." Zander playfully smirked at me.

"Bonjour, belle reine." The leader of the group sped across the room, giving my hand a gentle kiss. "I'm Hayden." I raised an eyebrow.

"Forgive my brother," Zander grinned, "He's very bold when he sees something he likes."

"And I'm something he likes?" I laugh sarcastically, "he doesn't even know me."

"I don't have to, belle. I can sense that you are pure of heart... And dare I say, that makes you more than just attractive in my eyes."

Alec growls, "That's enough. She's mine!"

"I don't belong to anyone, Alec! And certainly not you. You lost me a long time ago."

"Amara, please-"

Aro cuts him off, "That's enough. Amara, I would like Zander and Hayden to help the twins with your training. You will find that Zander's gift is much like your own and Hayden can give you real situations to use your gift."

"Yes, Master." I stated respectfully.

"You shall start training in the morning. You are all dismissed."

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

MAKE SURE TO

VOTE

COMMENT

AND FOLLOW