Chapter 4

I closed my eyes tightly and tried to shut out Irina's screams as the Volturi killed her. Kate and Tanya cried out before running towards their sister, they are both grabbed before Zafrina used her gift to take their sight away. I see that Edweird is about to speak so I cut him off as I turn my head to stare at Tanya, "Both of you enough. I don't know about you but I would not like to die this young. If you attack now you will be giving them exactly what they want, and we will lose."

They both calmed down and everyone else stared in bewilderment while the Egyptians gave me proud looks. Jane, I only know their names because the Egyptian's made me study the Volturi all day yesterday, then looks toward Edweird and uses her gift, "Pain" She mutters and he falls to the ground clutching his stomach. This time he is close enough for Isabella's gift to reach him and in a matter of seconds he is standing up. The Volturi look bewildered, the witnesses look in a happy shocked state, and I am annoyed. After all she only just got enough 'motivation' to use her gift, it really isn't that hard. Jane starts to stalk toward Bella only for Alec to stop her.

"Aro, you see there's no law broken here." Carlisle states. "Agreed. But does it then follow that there is no danger? For the first time in our history humans pose a threat to our kind. Their modern technology has given birth to weapons that could destroy us. Maintaining our secret has never been more imperative. In such perilous times, only the known is safe. Only the known is tolerable. And we know nothing of what these children will become. Can we live with such uncertainty? Spare ourselves a fight today, only to die tomorrow." Aro created a whole speech just so they could kill us, I am honored.

"Alice!" Aro and Edward speak in unison. "My dear, dear Alice, we are so glad to see you here after all." he smiles. "I have evidence that they won't be a danger to our kind. Let me show you." They lock hands and after a few minutes of silence Aro releases her with a shocked and fearful look, "Now you know. That's your future. Unless you decide on another course." Alice states firmly. "We cannot alter our course! The children still pose a grave threat." I tuned out most of the rest except what Nahuel said about how old he was causing me to grin. "Dear ones, there is no danger here. We will not fight today." Aro states before looking at Bella and Alice briefly then his eyes zeroed in on me for a few seconds, "Such a prize." He says looking at me before he zoomed away with the rest of the Volturi. Alec looked at me for a few seconds before reluctantly turning and running in the direction the Volturi went.