Chapter 6

Amara Cullen

7 Years Later

"No one wants you when you have no heart and, I'm sitting pretty in my brand-new scars and, you'll never know if you don't ever try again! So, let's try, let's try, let's try." Panic at the Disco blared through my headphones. I skated down my 'families' drive way until I got to the porch steps and I kicked my board up softly catching it in my hand before it hit the ground. I looked at the house for a moment before I pulled my hood over my head and trudged up the stairs. I headed straight to my room, I was half way upstairs when Bella called me back downstairs.

"Amara! We have visitors, they would like to see you." That's shocking, who would want to meet me and not just Renesmee?

I walk to the living room slowly as if that could prolong me seeing my family, as I get there though I am surprised to see the Volturi leaders along with Felix, Demetri, Jane and Alec. My head snaps to the ground upon seeing him. Why is Alec here?! You know what who cares, not me! Oh, who am I kidding I totally care! Okay, how about I just focus on Aro, yeah, I'm just going to focus on Aro.

Carlisle pulls me back toward him shocking me. "Aro, this is Amara" Carlisle nudges me, "Go on" I look up from the ground and hear a gasp. "My, my, Amara. It has been years. You have grown into a beautiful young lady. May I?" Aro asked kindly, wow. Well that's new, people being nice to me I mean.

"I don't think-" I started warily, "JUST DO IT ALREADY!" Edweird yelled violently in my face causing me to let out a sigh as I rolled my eyes. "Fine. Your funeral" I muttered annoyed knowing very well everyone heard me. Everyone furrowed their eyebrows and looked at me in confusion, if only they knew why they shouldn't try to read my mind. It never happened to Edward because he doesn't try to read my mind as I'm 'Not even good enough to experience him reading my mind' as if. If anything he's not worth seeing into my mind. I come to my senses to see Aro holding his hand out to me.

I hesitantly place my hand in his hearing a growl rip through someone. I try focusing all my energy on my shield to 'power it off' for a few minutes and surprisingly I start to see flashes of my life. I started to see everything that I buried in the back of my mind in tiny flashes.

"Be quiet! Renesmee is showing Bella her gift." No.

"Your worthless! Why are you even here?" Stop.

"Ugh! Why did I have to be born with someone so useless? I wish you had never been born!" Please.

"Oh Renesmee, we're so glad your safe!"

"No!" I said to myself frantically trying to get out of Aro's hold.

"She killed you Bella."

"Stop!" I said my voice rising.

"I don't want it! Get rid of it!"

"PLEASE STOP!" I held in my sobs.

"You think anyone would ever want you? Ha, your delusional."

"LET ME GO!" I yelled finally furious, my control keeping my shield at bay completely diminishing.

Everyone was thrown back at least a few feet except me. Aro screamed in agony his pain not ending until he stopped reading my mind.

"Seriously! What's wrong with you? Why can't you be more like Renesmee?" Edward yelled snapping me out of my meltdown.

'Why can't you be more like Renesmee?' That question is always asked at some point or another... So, why can't I?

"Get to your room. NOW!"