Chapter 3

Once dinner was done, Ashley and I went upstairs and changed into night gowns and prepared to sleep.

"Hello girls. I hope you feel comfortable and welcome here." Isis said standing in our doorway. "We feel totally welcome and really comfortable. Thanks for your hospitality." I said. "You're welcome. We'll study about our history tomorrow and practice your newly found powers more. Have a good night's rest. If you need us, use those communicating watches on your desks. There are also jewelry boxes each meant for you. We'll give you some more things to help you. Good night." "Good night." We said. "And thanks." Ashley called out. Isis chuckled and went on her way back down the hall.

Automatically, Ashley and I ran to our desks and opened the beautiful boxes. They were the color of our birth stones. Mine was green for the Emerald and Ashley's was red for the Ruby. When we opened them, I gasped as I saw a set of my birthstones in jewelry. A necklace, bracelet, earring, and rings were embedded in the velvet cushion.

"Oh my goodness. I can't believe it. They actually gave these to us? And they're authentic!" Ashley cried out. "I know right? I can't believe it." I exclaimed. "Thanks you." I whispered. I closed the lid and and climbed into bed. "What a weird yet exciting day. Good night Ash." I said. "Night Esther." She replied. And I drifted off into a dream with powers, princes, and fighting off evil.