Chapter 24

Ibis' home may be made out of natural things, but it was comfortable and nice.

The walls were, of course, made up of rock. The rock had been dug out in some places and were made into rooms on the second floor connected to the ground floor by a staircase. There were four rooms. One, was Ibis' room, and the others were guest rooms. The middle part of her home, where we were standing was the living room. Past a tunnel was the kitchen and a restroom.

"Make yourselves at home. Altri and Amia can share a room, of course, and the boys can share, and so can the girls. There's a bunk bed in each room along with one single bed." Ibis said. "Sounds good to me." I said. The others agreed. And so, we went up to our rooms and settled in.

"I'm so tired." I said lying down on the bed. "We all are. I just want to sleep." Ashley said. "But we can't. We need to attend that meeting Queen Amia said. Remember?" Sophia reminded us.

We groaned and we walked downstairs and sat down in the living room waiting for the others.

"Hi Queen Amia. King Altri. What are we gonna talk about?" I asked. "Well, we're gonna talk about what we need to do now. Especially while waiting for Isis and Jenia." King Altri said. "And Esther, you can call us dad and mom or mother and father. Especially since you don't have parents." King Altri said putting an arm around me. I smiled. "Thanks, father." I said. He gave me a squeeze.

"Wow." Andrew said coming down. We laughed. "So, mom, what are we gonna do?" He asked. "Well-" Queen Amia started but what was interrupted. Isis and Jenia had just come in and it looked like they were in a hurry.

"Isis. Jenia. What is it?" Queen Amia, mother asked. "Awry. Just announced. That she would kill all humans." Isis said in between breaths.

Ashley and I looked at each other.

"All humans?" I asked. Jenia nodded. "But don't worry. She doesn't know that you both are humans." Jenia said. "Yeah, but we need to help them. They're innocent. We can't just let them die." Ashley reasoned. "They're right." Ibis said coming in.

"How did you know all this?" Mother asked. Wow. That feels different. I mean, you know, calling her mother.

Isis and Jenia stepped aside revealing Yera. Yera is Awry's daughter. "Yera." Queen Amia, mother, (I'm so not gonna get used to this) said curtsying.

"Hello. There are more things you need to know." She said sitting down. "If you're asking, we met up with Yera in the forest and asked for her help." Isis explained. "Why?" Ashley asked. "Yera is neutral. She loves her mother but doesn't do evil. And so, she's here to help." Jenia said. Ashley and I nodded.

"My mother told me that she felt strong power at the wedding. She can feel a conveyor and so can I. I already know who Lily is." She said looking at, mother. Then she turned her attention to me and Ashley. "And the other, must be either of you humans." She said. "It's me." I said raising a hand. She nodded. "The new princess is a conveyor. Good. And by the way, since you're new, she'll be hunting you down to ask you to join her. As for Lily, she'll probably want to kill you." She said.

"You need to leave soon. Your stay here must be brief." She continued. "We know that Yera." Ibis joined in.Yera nodded again. "Good. I'll say about four days before you leave." She continued. We all nodded.

"What should we do? I mean, about the "killing all humans" thing and us?" I asked. "Amia knows." Yera said nodding to Amia. I mean, mother. "We need to go to King Eman." She said. "And ask his help." "But didn't you say that he doesn't really talk in person?" Sophia asked. "He doesn't usually, but sometimes. Besides, he at leasts talks to people. Especially those needing his help badly." King Altri, father, explained. Sophia nodded and stayed quiet.

"It'll be a three day journey more or less." Isis said. "May I be exuses?" I asked. "I want some time alone. To think." I asked. "Go ahead, Esther." Amia said. You know what? I'm just gonna call her Amia. So it's not too hard.

And so, I went outside.