Chapter 17

"Did you bring any other girl here?" I asked him. "Nope." He replied honestly. "Really?" I asked. He looked at me and smiled. "So now you don't trust me? After all we've been through together?" He asked placing a hand on his chest like he was about to die. I crossed my arms and waited for him to finish his act. "Seriously?" I asked. He just laughed.

We took a few pictures using my phone and his phone. Surprisingly, they aren't really that behind in technology.

We watched the sky for a few more minutes. "Thanks you." I said quietly. "No problem." He said. I looked at my watch and it was 8:45.

"I think we should go." I said. He nodded and helped me get back down.

"I enjoyed it. Goodnight, Andrew." I said. "Goodnight Esther." He said as we split ways to go to our different rooms.

I entered the room and saw Ashley and Sophia preparing to sleep. The pets had beat them to it. I went up to Meral, carried her up from the floor, and placed her on my bed. She cuddled up. She's so cute.

"So?" Ashley asked me. "What?" You both didn't share much. So I won't either." I said. "Oh come on Esther. We told you what we did. Andrew and I strolled the garden and talked. You already know what Sophia and Andrew did. Now you tell us what you both did." Ashley said. I rolled my eyes and said,"After I change." So I went to the bathroom and changed into pajamas.

"So?" Sophia asked. Ashley and Sophia were already in their beds with their pets cuddling beside them. I sat on my bed and looked at them. "Oh alright." I said and I started my story. " I walked through the garden not following the path. It was already 6:10. I was staying behind the trees and he was looking around for me. I stepped out and he led me into the gazebo. We then talked small talk, and strolled around the garden. Afterward, he led me to a tree and we started climbing then later, we climbed back down and the here I am." I said quickly.

"Mhmm. Alright. Don't tell us all you did." Sophia said putting on a pouty face. "You know what, Sophia?" Ashley asked putting on a plastic surprised face. "Maybe they kissed!" She said excitedly. "What? No!" I said putting on a disgusted face and sticking out my tongue. "Ashley! You know me better than that." I said crossing my arms and stared at her. When she saw my expression, she stopped laughing.

She came over to me and have me a hug. "Sorry, Esther. I didn't mean to hurt you." She said. "I know. It's just that, you know me better than that." I replied. She nodded. She released me. "Goodnight guys." I said. "Night." They replied. And we all fell asleep.

The next day, the first day of August, everyone just went on through the same routine. "I wonder who Andrew's gonna choose?" Most girls kept asking. A lot kept assuming it was them. "Why don't we take a ride?" Sophia asked us. We shrugged in return. Meral, Ruby, and Sasha were tagging along behind us. We were wearing pants, shirts, and boots.

We reached the stables and mounted. We galloped into the forest with our pets behind us. Which tree did you and Andrew climb?  Meral asked me. That one. I said pointing to the tree as we rode passed it. Meral nodded with a smile on her face. Can wolves even smile?

We rode the forest for another few hours before having our picnic. We took some more pictures and just played around.

A rider came up to us. "Hello girls." He said. Ashley and I looked up to see the messenger. "Hello, sir. What is it?" We asked him. "The king and queen are requesting all of the young ladies to be in the pavilion at once." He said. "Okay. We'll be right there." We answered. He nodded then rode back.

We packed up our things. "Guys? Where's Meral?" I asked. Sasha and Ruby were plying around. Where's Meral? I asked them. We don't know. She ran off a few minutes ago. Maybe she just needed to tinkle. Ruby said. Ugh. That Meral.

"You guys go ahead." I told Ashley and Sophia. "I'll catch up." I said. "Are you sure? You don't know what could be out there." Sophia said. "Yes. Go ahead." I urged them. They looked at each other and started deciding. "We're coming with you." They said boldly. I nodded and we all rode into the forest with Ruby and Sasha sniffing out Meral.