Chapter 22

"Esther! Esther! Wake up!" Ashley screamed shaking me awake. "What?" I asked annoyed. "It's your wedding day! And you just say "what"? Seriously? Get up! We have to get you ready." She said. "But it doesn't start until 3:00." I complained. "It's already 11:00. You should get ready. You still have your photo shoot. Don't think we're that behind from your modern world." Sophia said standing next to Ashley. "Alright. I'm up." I said as I shove the blanket.

I get into the bathroom and shower. When I come out, wrapped in a robe, Ashley and Sophia are waiting with my wedding dress. I ate the breakfast prepared for me quickly.

Then Queen Amia came in and put on my makeup and did my hair as my photographer took pictures of everything and when he was done, I finally wore my dress. My hair was curled and was just let down. And of course, more pictures.

My dress was white, of course, with a, umm, I'm not exactly sure how to describe it. So just imagine your dream wedding gown.

"I can't believe my best friends is getting married." Ashley said looking at me in my full wedding attire and putting an arm around my shoulders. I laughed. "You're getting married soon too." Sophia said bumping into Ashley. "Really?" She asked with a mocking expression of surprise. "If you say no, I'll just ask Brandon." Sophia said. "Alright. Yes we are. Soon. Maybe. But right now, let's focus on Esther's wedding. The wedding of the year." Ashley squealed. "Yeah right." I replied.

If you want to know, Brandon is a soldier and a close friend of Andrew. He started joining our little group of friends last year, and so he and Ashley met and now, they're engaged.

Anyway, our wedding may be grand since I'm marrying a prince, but I don't think it'll be the wedding of the year. Although, it could be.

We walked downstairs to the library where more pictures would be taken. I love taking pictures. Posing for them is okay too. But posing while wearing a gown and a veil while carrying flowers and having to stay still I'd not my kind of thing.

When 2:30came, everyone was already outside. The entourage would start marching down the aisle soon.

When 3:00 came, it started. Soon, everyone was already waiting. It was my turn. I had to walk alone since I had no parents or family members here. I walked slowly down the aisle with a smile on my face. It was hard to smile and look forward when I had to look where I was going.

Soon, I reached the point where I had to hook my arm through Andrew's.

"You look beautiful. Simple, yet gorgeous." He whispered as we walked up to the pavilion. "You look dashing as well." I whispered back. We stood before the preacher.

The preacher talked and talked and talked about all the things about marriage. I don't want to record all that stuff because you guys might get bored.

Anyway, just as we finished saying our vows to each other, a loud rumbling sound came from the castle. We all looked. Black smoke was rising from the ground and forming a small tornado. A figure was on top of the tornado. As it came forward, we saw that the figure on top of the tornado was none other than the witch, Awry.

"Hello there everyone. I see you are all partying. That is, partying at a wedding that I WASN'T INVITED TO!" She yelled. "Awry. We only invited those that are close to us. You live far away and we're not acquainted well." Queen Amia said calmly. Awry gave a death glare.

Andrew put an arm around my shoulder and held me tightly.

"Alright then. I suppose that excuse is valid enough. But I have to give you a bargain. Why? Because I want to." She said as she did her evil laugh. We all waited. "You either give me the kingdom, or I kill everyone in Cordial and separate the royal family forever." She said with a look as if daring anyone to challenge her. "If you don't believe me," she started off as she snapped her fingers. When she did, two castle towers fell to the ground. Killing people and injuring others as well.

"Both of you. Don't show your powers." Queen Amia whispered. We nodded. "Alright Awry. Enough. You won't have anymore subjects if you kill them all." King Atlri said. "True. But I have another kingdom with enough subjects to satisfy. So what'll it be? Hmm?" She asked crossing her arms.

"You get our kingdom. But please don't hurt anyone." Queen Amia said with a pleading voice. "Fair enough." Awry said. Did the witch just say fair? Since when did bad guys or evil villains think "fair"? There must be a catch.

"Now since I'm the queen of Cordial." She said getting the crown off Queen Amia's head and placing it on her own. "I ban the royal family from Cordial. If they ever step foot in this kingdom, they shall be killed. And anyone who helps them will be executed too." See? There's always a catch. "And by the way, you have 24 hours to run away. If my soldiers find you after a 5 hour head start, you die." She said with a menacing look. We nodded.

We turned around and ran as she destroyed the garden and the pavilion. She already started a fire in the castle.

Ashley, Brandon and Sophia had run with us. "Why is she burning the castle?" Ashley asked in between breaths. "Probably because she wants to build another one." Queen Amia said transforming into a wolf. We all followed.