Chapter 4

The next morning, we ate breakfast then went outside to the garden where we practiced our fire and water powers. We also discovered that Ashley and I were Carriers of all and of course, Elementalists, since we found out we could control air. Isis and Jenia helped us master our new found natural powers. We practiced all morning.

"So, are we done?" Ashley asked. We were both near to passing out. "You'll get tired for the first three days you get used to these powers. Afterwards, it'll feel normal. Don't worry. Why don't we go in for lunch?" Isis welcomed. We nodded and dragged ourselves into the house.

We ate lunch and just sat there. For like, minutes. "Do you girls want to rest? You could take a nap for the mean time. We'll just practice again and probably go riding later. Maybe even a history lesson. Feel free." Isis said. Ashley and I felt grateful. Thank goodness. I dragged myself up to the bedroom, changed then went to sleep.

I woke up with feeling an animal licking my face. I sat up straight, shocked. I looked down and saw a cute little arctic wolf looking up at me. I rubbed her back and she rolled over. She's like a puppy. I heard Ashley giggling over at her side of the room.

"What did you get Ash?" I asked her. "I got a black coated baby jaguar. Can you imagine?" She replied.

"I'm glad you like part of the gifts girls." Jenia said coming in. "How long did we sleep?" I asked. "Nearly 3 hours. You both must be really tired." She laughed. "What's our other gift?" Ashley asked from the other side of her room scratching her jaguar's back. "Look on your desks." Jenia replied. We threw the covers and went to our desks.

On top of the desk was a beautifully crafted bow with a matching quiver full of 100 arrows. There was also a shape shifting weapon and a shiv. When you pressed a button, the blade extended into a sword. Awesome.

We ran to where Jenia was standing and now Isis. We hugged them. "Thank you! thank you! thank you!" We said. They hugged us back. "Your welcome. Now let's start weapon training, then history lessons."

We followed Isis and Jenia downstairs. We went back to the garden for training. "First, we'll practice using your shivs and swords. They are the basic weapons. Next will be archery, horse back riding, then shape shifting. Jenia will prepare our dinner. We'll have a picnic in a meadow for our dinner. Let's begin." Isis instructed.

We practiced parrying, thrusting, and blocking. After a few hours, Ashley and I got better and better at using swords and shivs. Afterwards, we practiced archery using trees as targets. Isis would put a mark on a trunk and we'd have to aim. After archery, we went over to the stables.

"Why ride horses when we could change into animals?" Ashley asked. "Well, you need to know how to ride horses. It's one of the ways people use to travel." Isis said. "We already know how to ride horses." I said. "All right. Fine. Change into any animal you want. But when we come back, you'll be even more exhausted." Isis warned. "Fine. We'll use the horses." Ashley said. In a few minutes, we were off.