Chapter 20

The next morning most girls left the castle. The ones that stayed, were going to work for the kingdom which included Lenia.

Ashley, Sophia and I were in the library and so was Lenia. She was always giving me the death glare every time I looked at her.

After a while, halfway through my book, Lenia came up behind me. "So, princess. What are you planning to do? When's your wedding?" She asked emphasizing the word princess. "I'm not getting married soon. In a few years. Now, may I ask you. What's your problem?" I asked her.

"No need to get angry. I was simply just asking. Or I was asking simply." She said air quoting the word simply. "Whatever." I said rolling my eyes. Focusing on my book again. She just stood there probably looking at what I was reading.

"You're such a dimwit. You know that? You can't even beat me in a fight, I bet." She said with a smirk. "What does fighting have to with being a dimwit?" I asked back. She glared at me. She aimed her hand at me and fire came forward. I counter attacked it with water. I am way stronger than her. I've just been acting weak. And she doesn't know that.

I was using my left hand. She was using her right. She held up her left and aimed water at me. I used my right hand for fire. I pushed forward and she fell back. She glared at me. She got up quick, and grabbed my arms. "You're stronger than I thought. I underestimated you. But I'm guessing you underestimate me too." She said flipping me over. I fell flat on my back.

She got out her knife and sliced my arm. "You don't need your beauty anymore. You've been chosen." She said smugly. She kicked my side. I got up. I punched her face and kicked her stomach. She fell back a bit. That got people's attention.

She got up and ran towards me. She kicked me in the face and punched my stomach. She also swept her leg underneath me and I fell again. How could I be so blind? I need to concentrate. I can't let her bully me anymore.

I got up, my arm bleeding badly. She sliced at the scar on my leg again. And so now my leg was bleeding a lot. I glared at her. I wasn't going to cut her using my weapons. I don't want to be cruel. I used my fist and punched her jaw. Twice. In a row. She was rubbing her jaw and I grabbed her hands and held it hard.

"Don't bother me again." I said. "Or you'll experience my full wrath." I threatened. "Ooh, I'm so scared. I'm shaking so badly." She said shaking her hands to emphasize what she meant. I rolled my eyes and dug my nails into her skin. Not too deep though. I'm not that mean.

"Whatever you say, Esther. Whatever you say." She said leaving the library.

I went back to the chair and sat down breathing heavily. "Esther. You need to go to the clinic." Ashley said. "Now." She and Sophia brought me up to the clinic and I sat down on the bed. I was losing consciousness from all the blood I lost.

"Lie down." The nurse said. Her voice seemed so distant, but I did what I was told. I lied down, and soon, I fell asleep. Or probably I lost consciousness.

I woke up a few hours later with Ashley's and Sophia's faces looking at me. "Oh, Esther!" Ashley said hugging me. "What?" I asked. I had only been knocked out because of lack of blood. It's not like I just resurrected or something.

"You were out since last night!" Sophia said clearly shocked at what I just said. " You lost quite a lot of blood, Esther. You made us all worried." Queen Amia said coming in with King Altri behind her. I gave a small smile.

"Esther.They stitched up you wounds so you'll be better now. You just need a lot of rest. Okay?" She said. "Of course, your highness." I replied. "Good. Now, let's get you to your room." King Altri said. They helped me get up and supported me from either side. My back was so painful and so were my arms and legs. Ashley and Sophia were behind me.

We finally reached my room. "Thank you. Your highnesses." I said in between breaths. "Get some rest." King Altri said putting a hand on my shoulder. "I will." I said. Queen Amia gave me a hug and they left us alone.

"Ashley?" I asked as I got comfortable in my bed. "Yeah?" "Was I really out all night?" I asked still not believing. "Yeah!" Sophia said from her bed. "That's why you worried us! Please don't get into anymore fights." Sophia pleaded. I nodded. "But you guys know that if I don't fight back, she'd be at me into pulp right?" I asked them raising an eyebrow. They both nodded.

"Get some rest, Esther." Ashley said. "We're gonna nap too. It's 1:00 if you're asking." Sophia joined in. I nodded and lied down. And soon, I fell asleep.