Chapter 21

Months had passed. And thankfully, Lenia didn't bother me again.

Now, it was Christmas Eve. I had gifts for my friends bought in town. Ashley's gift was a new peach dress. Sophia's gift was a new jewelry set made from diamonds. Andrew's gift was a new polo. I didn't really know what he'd want anyway. I was also giving King Altri and Queen Amia gifts. For King Altri, a polo and for Queen Amia, a scarf.

During the day, we prepared for Christmas. At 6:00, we ate dinner, at 10:00pm, we placed all our gifts underneath a Christmas tree in the lobby. Everyone would exchange and give their gifts to one another at midnight.

When midnight arrived, we all exchanged gifts and said "Merry Christmas!" It was so colorful and cold. We all wore long dresses and boots.

"Merry Christmas, Ash!" I said to Ashley we hugged and exchanged our gifts. I said Merry Christmas to Sophia as well with a hug and exchanged gifts with her. I gave my gifts to the king and queen more formally although they both embraced me with a hug. I also exchanged gifts with Isis and Jenia who had come over.

I approached Andrew. "Merry Christmas!" I said. He tackled me with a hug. "Merry Christmas too, Esther. I'll give your gift later." He whispered. I nodded. I gave him his gift. "Thanks." I smiled. "So you've gone mute now?" He asked with a teasing smile. I punched his arm and he laughed.

After all the exchanging was done, we went upstairs. I changed into my warm pajamas and Meral jumped onto my lap. I rubbed her back.

A knock came at the door and I opened it. Andrew came in along with his parents.

"Hello, girls. We're here to give our gifts." King Altri said. He and Queen Amia gave us gifts. Andrew had given his gifts to Ashley and Sophia earlier, and so now, it was my turn.

"I know it's a bit early for this." He said. I have him a questioning glance. He had given my a set of sapphires for my birthday. I wonder what my gift now would be. He laughed. Ashley came up and covered my eyes. When she let go, Andrew was kneeling. "I know your answer, but I still have to ask. Will you marry me?" He asked getting up. I tackled him with a hug, my arms around his neck. "Of course I will." I whispered. "I know." He said.

He released me and smiled. "Good night. Or should I say, good morning. We'll see girls later. Have a good rest. And enjoy your gifts." King Altri said with a wink.

We went to bed and our pets cuddled up to us.

The next morning, Christmas morning, we started opening our gifts.

We got a lot of clothes, jewelry sets, and even stuff toys.

We spent the rest of the month doing normal stuff and practicing. Even doing a bit of studying from time to time.

Soon, New Year's Day had passed and a new year had begun. I wore my new diamond engagement ring everywhere I went. And this new year had many memories. My friends and I would either spend the day in the spa, riding, spending a day or two in the forest, read, plan for the wedding, or just go about in town. That's how it was like for the new year.

Our wedding date was scheduled to be on September 23. So from January to August, we prepared and enjoyed ourselves through each day.

Soon it was already September. I didn't want to relate what we did each day, since there aren't many interesting things to say.

Anyway, we spent the days until the 23rd preparing for the wedding. Then the big day came. All of our close friends, both royal and not, were invited. The occasion would be held in the garden where the pavilion was.