Chapter 6

The consent beeping of my alarm clock was the only thing that got me to open my eyes. I rolled over and found the switch to turn it off. I swear one morning I'm just going to throw that thing against a wall.

The morning light is coming through the windows and hits me square in the face. I moved slightly so the light isn't so blinding and looked out the window. The waves were gentle and there are only a few surfers out on them. I looked at the clock and it was blinking 6:42am. Time start my normal morning routine. After jumping into the shower, I got dressed, did my hair, tried to put on a lot of makeup to cover up the black eye but makeup could only do so much. The fresh cuts and dark purples spots were still visible through the foundation and coverup I used.

When I was done, I walked out of my room with Rylie close behind me. I went to the guest room and knocked on the door. I waited until I heard a come in before entering. Pushing the door open I saw Gabby was making the bed. She was still wearing the same clothes as yesterday; her hair was in waves down her back, which was facing me.

"I think you'll fit into some of my shirts if you want to change. I doubt you'll want to go to school with the same clothes on." I said. Gabby finished making the bed and turned around to look at me.

"That would be nice, thank you." She said.

"No problem, just follow me I guess." I said.

We left the guest room and walked to mine. Rylie took her seat on my bed as I walked into my closet.

"You can take whatever just no shoes, or concert tees." I said. I turned on the light and walked in. Gabby stopped at the door and looked around. Her mouth was wide open.

"One thing about me you should know is that I love clothes. Before I moved here, I was very much into high fashion. When I moved in here my mom thought I might want to take some of it with me from our house in New York but now I couldn't be paid to wear most of this stuff." I said. Gabby nodded and walked into my closet.

I left her to choose something and joined Rylie on my bed. She moved over to me and put her head on my lap. I looked out the window and watched the waves come up on the shore.

"This okay to wear?" Gabby asked. I looked over to her and she is wearing the same jeans she had on yesterday along with a Gucci button down tee-shirt with two little Gucci Lions on the collar with red and green stripes. I nodded and was going to walk out of my room to go to the kitchen but Gabby grabbed my arm and stopped me.

Gabby took my hand in hers and led me to my bathroom. I wasn't expecting her to go in there so all of the makeup I have is thrown around the vanity. She nodded towards the toilet and I got the hint and sat down. Gabby looked around at all of the makeup and picked up a few things. Before she started putting things on my face she wiped away a lot of what I already did. It took her about 15 minutes but when she was done it looked a lot better than what I did before. When she was done I got up and looked in the mirror, my face definitely looked better now than it did before.

After I put away most of the makeup we walked to the kitchen. We really didn't say much as we eat breakfast and finished getting ready for school. I fed Rylie when we were done eating and grabbed my pill container. I finished my pills off with some water and looked over to Gabby. She was watching me closely.

"Do those help the craziness, or make it worst?" Gabby asked breaking the silence between us.

"They help most days. Come on we are going to be late. Rylie be good." I grabbed my backpack slipped on my uggs slippers. Gabby walked out the door first and I walked out after her. We hopped into the Jeep and started toward the school.