Chapter 14

Wednesday, hump day. Today is usually the best day of the school week. No tests, not a lot of homework, and teachers don't care as much. School wise today was good. Gabby is coming over after school to work on this project and Kristen is doing a bit better knowing that Taylor is getting help, even though she isn't in school today.

Right now I'm waiting outside by my Jeep waiting for Gabby to come out of the school. My mind was replaying the events from a week ago when Andrew hit me. My family lawyers texted me saying that he is facing a few different charges. My thoughts were interrupted when Gabby snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"You okay?" She asked.

"Yea, you ready to go?" I asked. She nodded and we went into my truck.

The drive home was silent because I had a lot on my mind, but I took Gabbys hand into mine and held it. I pulled into my driveway and we broke apart to get out of my truck. When we met by the stairs Gabby took my hand again. A smile crept onto my face as I unlocked the front door.

Gabby and I got started right away on the project. After about two solid hours of working on it we took a break. And what I mean by taking a break is Gabby and I having a nice make out session on the island. I pulled away to get some air when the house phone rang. I laughed thinking back to Friday night.

"You should get that." Gabby said still trying to catch her breath.

I nodded and picked up the phone. I answer the phone but watched Gabby hop off the counter and walk her way to the bathroom.

"Carmen!" My parents yell through the phone.

"What's up, I'm busy at the moment, well I was busy." I said.

"Listen honey we are trying to get a flight out but it doesn't look like it's going to happen before the Hurricane hits." Mom said.

"Great can I call you guys back later? I'm kind of in the middle of something important right now." I said.

"Yea, just call us back later." Dad said.

Oh the irony. I hung up the phone and walked toward the bathroom. Gabby walked out before I could even knock on the door. Gabby smiled and placed a small kiss on my lips and backed away. She took my hand and walked me to my bedroom. She took a seat on my bed and patted the space next to her.

I walked over and sat on the bed. Gabby took my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"So why have you never asked me out before?" Gabby asked out of nowhere. I was kind of through off by what she just asked. I needed a second before I could answer her.

"Because you're Gabrielle Lupo. Queen Bee of our shit high school, captain of the varsity soccer team. Your popular, you could get any guy you want, so why would you ever want me?" I asked.

"Who said I ever wanted a guy?" Gabby asked. "I just assumed" Gabby cut me off.

"You of all people Carmen shouldn't judge a book by its cover." Gabby said.

I tried to think of something to say in response but came up empty. I think my brain went on vacation with my parents. Come on Carmen! This is your chance! Do something. Don't just sit here and say nothing! Your dream girl just practically told you she wants you, SAY SOMETHING!

"How about we play a game?" Gabby asked.

"What game do you have in mind?" I finally found my voice.

"20 questions?" Gabby asked.

"Sure, just Andrew and anything about him is off limits." I said not wanting her bring him up.