Chapter 12

Sunday was boring. After we woke up Gabby and I chatted for a little bit then I went home, because Gabby was going on a run and I had homework to do. After I got home I took my meds, fed Rylie and myself and started my homework. Homework took all day because I needed to write an essay for English and finish a project for U.S. Government. After I was done with my homework I made myself a light dinner and went to sleep early.

Monday mornings suck. My alarm went off and I hit it to stop it. Looking out the window I saw it is raining lightly. I showered and got dressed, just jeans, a t-shirt, and my black beanie. Pills, breakfast, fed Rylie and I was out the door. After pulling into the parking lot I went to my locker, then went off to Criminology.

Criminology was boring, we just watched a movie. Kristen wasn't in class today, I'm guessing it has something to do with Taylor. Hopefully they'll be alright. The rest of my classes were uneventful.

When Italian rolled around Gabby flashed me a quick smile and took her seat. When class was over I made my way up to the roof. I pushed the door open and saw it's still raining, so I just took a seat at the top of the stairs and left the door open. I opened my backpack and took out my camera and a cigarette.

After I put the cigarette in my mouth I flipped through the pictures again. When I got to the end, I saw new pictures, pictures I didn't take. They're of Gabby and I, from last night. The first one was of me holding Gabby outside of her room. The second was from this morning. It was taken from behind us. Gabby and I were looking at each other while holding hands in between our chairs.

One of Gabby's brothers had to have taken them, because Mary doesn't know how to use the camera. I'll have to ask them the next time I see them, I want to thank them. These pictures are beautiful. I smiled and put out my cigarette.

"What are you smiling at?" Gabby asked.

I'm surprised I didn't jump when I heard her voice. My smile just got bigger as Gabby sat down opposite me.

"Some pictures I think your brothers took." I said and handed Gabby my camera.

When she looked at the pictures the smile on her face got bigger. She handed my camera back to me and pecked me on the lips.

"You should come to the diner for dinner." Gabby said.

"Okay, are you okay after what happened last night?" I said.

"Yea, sometimes movie fight scenes are triggers. That hasn't happened in a while, can we just not talk about it." Gabby said and sighed.

"That's fine." I said not wanting to push her.

I pulled Gabby into me, she sat on my lap and I put my arms around her. The rest of our off period was spent like this. We both just watched the rainfall and talked about nothing important. The rest of the school day went by quickly which I very much liked. Before I knew it I was on my way to see Doctor Lloyd.

I sat outside her office less than five minutes before she called me in. I sat down on the couch and pulled my legs under me, while I waited for her to get her notepad ready.

"So how was your weekend?" She started.

"Good, I went a party, had a sleepover with Gabby and saw her soccer game. Oh and school was good." I said thinking over what happened this weekend.

"You went to a party?" Alexis asked putting her notepad down and looked at me.

"Yea, I was invited by Kristen and I still don't even know how she was invited because it was a senior party." I said.