Chapter 22

Friday. Fridays are usually the best day of the week but today is definitely not one of those days. I really tested how long I can stay in bed before having to get up and get ready for school without being late. Today I needed to get moving a little earlier than usual because I wanted to look okay for the presentation later in school.

I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I know I have a long day ahead of me and hiding in my room seamed a lot better than anything I had to do today. But I didn't have a choice because a few minutes later my dad peeked his head into my room to see if I was awake. When I turned to face him he gave me a small smile and came into my room.

He sat down on the edge of my bed and I wanted to just disappear into him. He ran his hand through my hair and I had to clench my teeth to keep from crying.

"Why does the judge want to see me?" I asked hoping he would have more information for me this morning.

"I don't know, Richard is still trying to get in touch with the plaintiff's attorney to find out. He will be with you during the hearing." Dad said giving me a little more.

"Is it something bad?" I asked.

"Carmen if I knew something more I would have told you by now, but I don't so try to not let it upset you, you have a big day today. You need to put your focus on that and let us adults handle the courts." Dad said.

"But I am an adult dad, and this is all my fault." I said as a tear escaped my eye.

"You will be okay, I promise you that Carmen." Dad said.

"Don't make a promise you can't keep dad, you taught me that one." I said and got out of bed to take a shower.

I let out some emotion in the shower to hopefully get myself back in control. I needed to let a little of it out in order to not have a full melt down later. After my shower I flat ironed my hair and put makeup on. I dressed in a nice shirt with a black blazer over it, grey jeans with black vans. When I was done I went into the kitchen and ate the pancakes dad made for me before taking my medication. We didn't say anything else to each other before I left for school.

Gabby was waiting for me on the porch of her house when I pulled up. She also flat ironed her hair and put makeup on. Overall she looked amazing. I smiled at her when she got into my truck and gave her a quick kiss before starting towards school. I'm trying really hard not to stare but what can I say. My girlfriend is gorgeous.

Gabby held my hand the whole drive to school. Once we parked and got out she grabbed my hand again. She is really nervous. I'm trying to be her rock and not freak out myself, but it's hard. I'm nervous myself and I don't know how much longer keep it together for the both of us.

We walked hand-in-hand to the auditorium too find it is still empty. The presentation isn't staring till 2nd period. I sat down on the edge of the stage and looked out into the seats.

"What are you think about?" I asked as Gabby took a seat next to me.

"That once this is over nothing will be the same." Gabby said and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I know but I know one thing that won't ever change." I said.

"What's that?" She asked.

"I will always love you." I said and looked down at her.

Gabby looked up at me and kissed me. God, I'm so in love with this girl it's crazy. I put my hand on Gabby's cheek and pulled her closer to me. I raised my other hand and put it on the back of her neck. Someone cleared their throat behind us. Gabby pulled away and looked behind us. I don't really care who saw us.