Alex Márquez ~ Marc VDS

"This was quite interesting..." (1095 words)

Requested by sharoonnx

---

"Oh my god! What is up with the traffic tonight?" Y/N groaned to herself as her head slouched onto the steering wheel and accidentally let out a 'beep' sound.

She was immediately alert and apologized to the car next to her for no reason, but Y/N was sure she had seen that specific car from somewhere.

"Y/N?" The voice with the familiar Spanish accent spoke up as they rolled down the windows; which caused her to do the same. Y/N's eyes were out of her head as soon as she was face-to-face with the Spaniard over in the next car. His hazel eyes were reflecting the moonlight, a smile took over his face as he looked at Y/N, "you're stuck in traffic too, huh?"

"Yeah," A giggle escaped from her mouth as the cars in front of them were driving as fast as a turtle, "speaking of which, are you headed somewhere?"

Alex nodded his head and pointed towards his back seat, "I have to drop Marc off at his apartment and then I'm going out to dinner with someone a friend of mine set me up with. How about you, Y/N?"

"Well, I'm driving back to my place after my long and boring day at work," Y/N chuckled as she drove her car barely an inch forward. "And, then I have to go out on a dinner date with this guy a friend of mine from work set me up with."

"Sounds like we're both not looking forward to the dates our friends have set up for us," he let out an adorable giggle and shook his head, "we're such horrible friends."

"I know right?" She chuckled as she heard the sound of another car beeping its horn, "alright, they're just getting angry that we're holding up the traffic, so I'll talk to you later?"

"That sounds like a wonderful plan, princesa," he nodded his head and said his goodbyes before he closed his car windows. Y/N smiled as she closed her car windows and sighed in bliss as soon as she saw the traffic in front of her less congested than it was before.

---

"Oh my god, why am I always running late to these things," Y/N whispered to herself as she parked her car in front of the valet. Stepping out of the car as she grabbed her clutch, she politely greeted the valet person and handed them the car keys.

Once she got inside the fancy restaurant her friend had set up the date at, Y/N went up to the host and patiently waited for them to be done with their phone call.

"Hi," Y/N greeted the host with a polite tone, "I'm here under the reservation of F/N?"

The host checked the screen and nodded their head before they grabbed a menu; guiding Y/N to where she and her date were supposed to be.

"And, here is your table, ma'am," the host pulled out a chair for her to sit in. She generously thanked the host as she took her seat before they left.

"Hi, I'm Alex," Alex spoke up as he set his menu down on the table before he was shocked as to who was in front of him. Not that it was a bad thing, but he wasn't expecting that he was going out on a dinner date with his best friend, Y/N. Truth be told, Alex was smitten by Y/N and he had feelings for her; which Y/N obviously didn't know about.

"Hi, I'm-Alex!" Y/N went to greet her mystery date when she saw her friend in front of her. "I-uh-what are you-huh?"

She was at a loss for words as she saw the 5'11" Spaniard in front of her, who by the way, had gone red in the cheeks. For Y/N, that was an adorable sight and she loved when he blushed. All in all, she was in love with him and he was in love with her.

"I guess we're on a date with each other," Alex chuckled comfortably as Y/N set her menu down and giggled back. "Who knew that today was the day that Alex Márquez and Y/N L/N were going on their first date together?"

"I didn't expect my colleague to set me up with my best friend," Y/N chuckled as she took a sip of the champagne, "but, we can skip the 'get-to-know each other part' since we know each other pretty well."

---

"This was quite interesting," Y/N chuckled to herself as she dug into her slice of molten chocolate cake she had ordered for dessert. "But, nonetheless, I enjoyed this date."

"I've had the time of my life," Alex smiled at himself for the light 'Dirty Dancing' reference he made, which made Y/N roll her eyes at.

"I swear to god, why am I even in love with you?" She spoke to herself as quiet as possible, but Y/N knew Alex had heard her. Which explained the look of shock and surprise that was on his face right now. "Oh god, I didn't scare you, did I?"

"No, no, no, you didn't scare me at all!" Alex quickly reassured his friend by smashing his lips against hers, which caught her off guard. "I wanted to tell you that I was in love with you for a long time now, but I didn't know..."

Y/N giggled as she continued to kiss her best friend, her lips turning upwards into a smile, "If you want, I'd be happy to be your girlfriend."

"And, I'd be happy to call you mine," Alex smiled back into the kiss, "I love you so much, L/N."

"I love you too, Márquez," she chuckled back to him as she pulled away to catch up on her breathing, "so damn much."

---

Hi, I'm back with another update! I am so sorry that I haven't updated this book since last Monday, but I got something to make up for it. From now on, I'll be updating this book every Monday; Wednesday, and Friday. Which means I'll be updating my F1 book every Tuesday; Thursday, and Saturday. With this schedule, it gives me a day (which would be Sunday, in this case) to relax. Hopefully, I can stick to this plan and not have it flop 😬. Requests are, as always, open right now, so don't be afraid to request one shots! Anyhoo, keep an eye out for the next one shot, which will feature Jorge Lorenzo. Other than that, I hope you enjoyed this one shot; have a GREAT rest of your day/night, and I'll see you later! Bye!

- Priya 😀